Thank you to Dan

Hi all,

For anyone who did not attend the AGM, Dan stood down as a committee member due to time and work commitments. I just want to say a big thank you for all of his hard work over the years. He has been involved in many aspects of the club, from web development to merchandise. One of my personal favourite was the raffle calling at Christmas :slight_smile: (which I hope he will still be keen to continue).

He is still going to be active members and attend as meets as he can.

So thank you for all you hard work Dan.
Neil.

6 Likes

Certainly the raffle calling in his tuxedo was one of the many highlights of the event, thanks Dan for all you have done over the years.

Hope to catch up with you at a meet in the near future.

2 Likes

Yeah a GTOUK Xmas ‘do’ isn’t the same without “double 0 Dan” in his tux, so no swanning off down under this year boy.

On a serious note though, personally we’d like to thank you for all your help when we needed to get all the new merchandise in stock for you to put in the Club shop on the old forum, I’m sure you must have been rolling your eyes when you saw yet another email from me, but great job.

You were dropped in the deep end when Toady emigrated and kindly stepped in to help, with limited technical information of the forum to hand making your job difficult but you did us proud Dan. A lot goes off behind the scenes.

Tracie

4 Likes

Dan as the others have said thankyou for all you have done in your Committee role over the years it has been very much appreciated by all :sunglasses:

I know you are going to be very busy in the upcoming months and hope you can still pop to meets when you get chance

As for the xmas raffle your comparing is legendary and last year missed that special part that you have made your own

Craig :smile:

2 Likes

Cheers dan :slight_smile:

Another thing to add is that despite standing down on the committee he is still traveling to Newark show ground for the club reps meeting for JAE. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh - look what I found :smile:
###2009

###2011

4 Likes

:laughing: @DeanMarkTaylor

I think since Dan had his haircut he feels he’s lost his ‘double 0’ mojo so he booked a holiday to escape coming last Xmas.

@Silverfox I can bring you a wig this year if it makes you feel better :wink:

Tracie

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all your kind words!
If things settle down in future and if there’s a vacancy I’d be happy to stand for committee again.
I wish the recently elected committee all the best of luck over the next year, I’m sure they’ll do a great job.

I’ll no doubt see a lot of you at one of the meets in the near future and currently I think I’m free for the Xmas do, so if someone wants me to help with the Raffle again, I’m happy to do that.

Dan.

3 Likes

Hello from Portugal!

2 Likes

Just to prove I’ve been working hard, here be a picture of me in my work shirt, looking businessy.

2 Likes

Yeah and out of shot is you wearing your budgie smugglers and sandals

Craig :smile:

1 Like

I did bring the budgie smugglers, as they were less weight than swimming shorts. But we were put in a different hotel, so no pool.

1 Like

just got back from Italy…

1 Like

Night out in Florence, Italy

2 Likes

Brilliant, that actually looks Photoshoped are you sure your not at home :slight_smile:

Most certainly not at home :slight_smile: just got back from Spain, work wasn’t going well, so popped across to Gibraltar for the afternoon:

1 Like

Does any of Gibraltar feel like England, lots of Union Jacks and pubs serving larger?

EDIT: Although I think Gibraltar is the only British Territory without a Union Jack in it’s flag.

It certainly felt British, whilst I was enjoying a beer in the Lord Nelson. Plenty of Brits wandering round, British traffic lights etc, although they were driving on the right. There was a Marks and Spencer on the high street. Definitely saw some union jacks, and a British airways plane landed just as I arrived.

1 Like

So this year I still have 2 more weeks in Italy and another week in Spain, maybe some more time in Portugal and now it’s looking very likey I’ll have to go to Mexico before the end of the year!

Life’s a bitch Dan :wink: :laughing: