That time of year again - Insurance Renewal

So, having looked through the posts on here I have a few to try but are there any others you would recommend calling for a quote?

Adrian Flux
Greenlight
RH
Footman James

I was screwed last year but partly because I’m an idiot lol, now slightly wiser

Thanks all

I would not bother with those and start with Adrimal if it a 3000GT (I pay £130) or if it an import

A Plan Insurance
Car and Motor Insurance Agency
Address: 42-44 Chapel Street, Thatcham, West Berkshire RG18 4QL
Phone:01635 874646

Simon

2 Likes

I was with Aplan for years, but Adrian flux sorted me a better deal this year. Whatever you do, take your time to phone a couple and see if they can beat your best quoted price is well worth the effort.

Cheers,
Neil.

1 Like

Thanks Simon, I have just got my renewal notice through from Admiral and definitely not even going to entertain it. I was quite surprised tbh as I have a clean license with no accidents or convictions.

Plus it’s a n/a so I was not expecting this high.

Will be giving them a call tho to see why so high

I just done a mid term adjustment as I had a celica gt with footman James there’s 4 months left and I added two gtos one turbo and one na was exspecting them to say a few hundred was shocked when he said 35 pound 25 was admin fee so there worth a try

1 Like

I was with Admiral at first, but I had a renewal and I did the usual comparison websites. Then tried some of the brokers, and Adrian Flux came back best. I’ve got 3 points and a couple of accidents from the hot hatch days as well.

I’d try the normal comparison sites as sometimes they come back cheaper. Also ring Admiral and tell them you’ve found it cheaper, they are pretty good at beating the price usually.

2 Likes

A plan were the best by far for my GTO , a lot didnt want to know once BHP and modifications were mentioned

Craig :smile:

3 Likes

Just got my renewal from Footman James today. Last year was £170, in August I got my first 3 points speeding fine & assumed it would go up but renewal came in at £161 :relaxed: thats a 3000 mile policy no mods & for a TT. Worth ringing because every insurer is different for the individual x
Forgot to say it’s classic car insurance :blush:

2 Likes

Well my insurance is sorted for the next year, now with Adrian Flux at £397 which is much much better than my quote of £925 from Admiral who spent two days looking for my car because they couldn’t find it!

I did get a quote from Footman James of £350, however they told me that as it was Classic insurance it didn’t offer any no claims and they are only protected for a year if you are not accruing them. As it is my daily drive I thought it better to go for Adrian Flux (do tell me if I am wrong tho). I did spend quite a while negotiating the different cover on my policy.

1 Like

Most classic policies don’t get you any no claims as they are usually used for second cars. I went with footman james as they could do mine at around £150 (half the price of flux) and I have 8 years already so more than the maximum discount for most companies. And I plan to have a second car before the year is up (due to the little one on the way) so I will start accumulating them again from there. If you want to continue accumulating them then the extra £50 or so is worth it in my opinion.

2 Likes