Thinking of some 3rd gen lifters?

over the next couple of weeks i will be replacing the timing belt (kit), plugs and leads. I was thinking that it would also be a good idea to fit some 3rd gen lifters at the same time.
Are fitting the new lifters just a straight forward swap?

I have recently had issues with my gto not starting, i checked a number of things and eventually found the prob. i would like to share this info but cant find the correct category to post in.

I replaced my car with the 3rd gen lifters, dead easy, the bloke who designed the ‘special tool’ should have it rammed up his 'arris. That said it isn’t too bad a job, just make sure you soak the lifters to get the air out before fitting and have a towel to hand as it is a bit messy. Also when you replace the gaskets, silicone the corners of the gasket into the covers so the don’t fall out when refitting. Keep to the torques as the small bolts don’t take much force to strip the threads in the Ally.

Good luck,

Terry :sunglasses:

cool thanks for the advice, can the job be done with out the “special tool”

Doing the lifters when doing the Cambelt will save you both money in labour and and time without a running car.
You can remove he cams which makes it a simple jobs to do

Personally i keep the tools i have in stock on a shelf as Terry’s way can be uncomfortable… :smile:

Doing a Spark plug swap and a HT lead change (if the leads are old)

I will be also listing a new Lifter kit complete in a few days with everything you need to do the job properly.

Been meaning to do it for ages and never got round to it

If you need any help or advice give me a call on 01702-614469

Cheers Rob

1 Like

Been told that a big flat edged screwdriver was ok but I persevered with the ‘tool’. The uncomfortable way with the ‘tool’ was to wrap a load of electrical tape on the handle, doesn’t get too painful then.

Morning Rob :slightly_smiling: you updating your website then?

Terry :sunglasses:

Afternoon Terry!!

I just wrote reply that sounded like Craig had written it involving Rubber, handle and not hurting your hand so i posted this instead !!

The website is about 10% of what i can do Parts wise for these cars

If you want a part anyone and you cant see on my website it give me a call, i probably already have it sourced

Ahem i am watching you know :wink:

Craig :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

would you mind getting a price for lifters and gaskets plz

And that is why i have left such posts to you Craig :smile: :wink:

2 Likes

With Pleasure

I will post something up on this site too in my Traders section shortly when i have taken some pics of the kit etc,
I will also have them orderable on my website too at that time

Cheers Rob

1 Like