Welcome to the new website

For anybody feeling slightly lost - check out the Categories page - it has a more familiar view.

Also try the new search - it’s awesome!

More questions & yes I do explore and try and do it before asking, How do I PM someone & how will I know if I have been pm`d

Julian

If you click on the users name, then click private message

You will see a little 1 above this icon if you have notifications or messages

You can also access read the messages under the avatar picture at the top.

Please note: Some images are missing from posts, they will be back so please be patient.

Cheers,
Neil.

well excellent job for the hard work to those who did this new web site very impressed : ) will take time getting used to it but but ive found my way to hear quite fast

cheers pete

Thank you, it does take some getting used to, but any problems please just ask. The advantages will seam more obvious as it comes more populated and used more.

It was a big effort to upgrade this system with a lot of help from many people, so I am sure all involved will really appreciate your comment thanks Pete. :smile:

Neil.

1 Like

Good stuff to all those involved had a play around friday evening on the train on the way home, internet kept dropping out all the way home got pissed off turned off me tablet

Sat on here tonight on a reliable home connection and all is well :wink: the sites easy to use found everything i needed to for now

1st impressions its pretty good so far and a better all round look :grinning:

Thank you, we know there is a few glitches but we couldn’t iron these out until we had good traffic. As you can imagine there is a lot of devices out there and its hard to get it working for everything first time. We are not going anywhere and the feedback is helping us to improve things. I have lots of ideas now and we will add them one at a time :smile:

Cheers,
Neil

Can you tell me how to do “quote” of someone’s post please :question: thanks

One for @DeanMarkTaylor

@Craig just did it on one of my other posts and I can’t find how to do it that’s all, nothing busting @DeanMarkTaylor

You can find your answer here @Tracie

Thanks Dean, got it now :smile:

Annoying isn’t it :slight_smile: I asked @Butler as he quoted one of mine but he wasn’t much use lol he uses an ipad soon sorted it though , to be fair he pointed me in the right direction

Craig :smile:

1 Like

I did try :chicken:

2 Likes

Really liking the new website! It’s taking a while to get used to & some notifications are not registering in my notification bubble but that’s not a big deal.

Hey are we doing away with the bits where only members can post in the technical section?

& what about our info next to our screen name where it would say where we are from, how many years membership & how many posts?

Oh & like that I can finally post photos without faffing with that photo app thing first!

Good work! :slight_smile: …& whats ‘clock’ when I do a smiley? (Seescreen shot)

1 Like

Information is now under your own page under your profile. No only members can post under technical, if this isnt the case I will check the settings, and remove anything that should not be there.

I will check with @DeanMarkTaylor why you aren’t getting notifications, you should be.

Neil

@goo_chummer could you be more specific about what notifications?

For the notification that you didn’t receive:

• What is the type of notification you expected to see?
  • What specific action did you think would cause the event?
  • Do you have links to topics / comments or names of users you are interactivity with?

Cheers,
Dean.

Almost two years ago some of You decided to make a step forward in to a new website and I can remember a lot of us ( including my self ) being unsure, dislike end moan about the whole thing . Also I remember saying, we have to stop complaining, moaning and make it work. And we did it works and I’m sure all of us like it, the forum is busy and friendly, members are active and help each other in every way, lots of new members have joined the club also, past members returning and meet’s getting busier… Success, thanks to Dean, Neil and the others behind the scenes ! :+1:

9 Likes