What oil to use

Hi all,

Is Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 Oil a good oil to use in my 1993 jdm na GTO?

I want to get the best I can for it.
Ant help would be most appreciated
Richard

1 Like

I’m no expert but i was looking at this the other day and i found quite a few threads about it. There is also @Oilman from opie oils who may be able to help you :blush:

Assuming the car is standard, or close to standard, I would use a 5w-40 synthetic as the best option.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G/ULE, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

As a budget choice, a 10w-40 will be fine and I would either go for the Fuchs Syn MC, Shell Helix, Millers Trident/EE Nanodrive, Castrol Magnatec, Mobil Super 2000 or Motul 6100

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-657-10w-40.aspx

We would have to agree with what reddwarf has said.

If you are looking for any offer we would go for Fuchs Titan Race if you place an order for 5L you get 1l FREE

Cheers
Oilman

1 Like

Hi,

The Fuchs Titan Race is what I have in my car and I am very happy with it.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed. The FUCHS Titan Race has never been a problem.

Mike

2 Likes

@dodgemonkey just so I can make sure I am getting the correct one

1 Like

Yep That’s the one

Yes, that’s absolutely fine. Many whom have modded their engines to 400+ hp may chose an oil which has improved viscosity over the temperature range, but the Titan oil is perfect otherwise.

On the subject of your strange button - well, there’s most likely only one other NA that has that button right where yours is, and that’s mine…:sunglasses:

That recessed tray in front of the gear lever is the perfect site for a rear fog light rocker switch. Your car has probably had the fog lights relayed in to complement the inboard rear brake lights. I did mine like that, it saves trying to attach an external fog light to the car. The TTs use that recess tray for their ECS switching I believe.

MOT tests require that the switch lights up when you switch your rear fog light(s) on, and that’s the reason for the small led on the forward edge of the button.

Welcome aboard fella, and enjoy your car.

Mike

Thanks all have bought the Titan race pro 5

3 Likes