What's an immaculate 1994 GTO TT Worth?

Hi,

Does anybody know what a 1994 GTO Twin Turbo is worth?
It’s blue, 74k Miles on the clock
1 owner for past 19 years
Subtle modifications & in immaculate condition.

Just after rough valuations as I believe they’re fetching good money these days… Any ideas?

TIA

1 Like

Any pictures?

Yep, I’ll just log in on my phone and post some up. Give me 5! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are they porsche front calipers?
I think it’s what is worth to you and how much you want the car,obviously if your thinking of buying it check for rust,check maintenance it’s been done regularly, check cambelt, waterpump and all the pulleys been done,check for white smoke, blue smoke and sludge in oil cap.personally I wouldn’t pay more than 3k.
Usually are worth more in parts than as a whole but saying all this if you want it than you want it.
When I bought mine had no clutch so could nor test drive her but looked ok had no rust engine sounded good and I thought your mine baby😁
There is always work to be done on a 20 year old car.
It’s got some good goodies on.
Check,check and triple check than go with your heart.
Jerry :grinning:

Thanks for the reply Jerry!

They are indeed porsche front calipers! Its been maintained very well and the overall condition for a 22 year old is shockingly good. Credit to the previous owner as it looks mint. I wouldn’t be surprised if the owner is on this forum somewhere! I would have thought it was worth more than 3k judging by Autotrader, Ebay etc It’s worth what somebody would pay it i suppose :smiley:

Sam

One thing I would say is that uk plate needs to go and have the jap square plate put back in

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

Definitely :smiley:

What you would pay and what it’s worth are usually quite far apart… It’s irrelevant what I would want to pay as it’s you who’s looking. Value wise, with these cars, its probably around the 5k mark for a good clean example these days but it does boil down to how much you want to spend.

It might look good on face value but could be a dog underneath. That UK plate on a jap bumper raises concerns for me, it’s so slap dash that makes you wonder what else has had the same ‘that’ll do’ treatment.

As always, do your homework and check everything possible before jumping in and committing.

Jus

1 Like

This is Sams car , guess he is looking for rough prices as a guide should he decide to sell

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

That’s right Craig. The story behind this car is unusual. I initially went to an auction to purchase an unmolested Honda S2000, as a personal weekend toy. Great condition and was taken care of… It went for too much money… Way too much money. So I hung about a little longer and saw this gem and knowing nothing about it started bidding away and after fees and all it stands me at just above £5500. I

I’ve had the car for approximately 3 weeks and honestly I love it but I can’t keep it. In the household we have 5 cars between 3 drivers and now it’s 6 with the Mitsubishi which was meant to be an S2000. My pockets aren’t deep enough for the fuel nor do I know much about the car apart from the fact that the previous owner loved it. Serviced every 3000 miles and kept in immaculate condition with the original floor mats! It is so so clean. The U.K. Plates were stuck on by the auction (no idea why) however I do plan on putting some Japanese plates on which will complete the look. I want to sell it but I don’t want to sell it to someone who will throw it around until the wheels fall off. It’s unfair on the previous owner with the amount of work he’s put in to ensure the car is in great condition, no doubt it was his pride and joy for 19 years… I’ve had offers around the 6k mark however I would much rather sell this car to a GTO enthusiast so I can confidently say it’s going to a good home and an owner that will love it as much as the last. Unfortunately that’s not me.

It will be up for sale on the classifieds with full details and spec once my membership has processed and any genuine buyer can feel free to make me a fair offer with the promise to love it and take it away.

2 Likes

Oh wow…all that needs saying :heart:
Great car mate shame you have to sell it 🖒

It’s a rare breed and so are the enthusiasts! :wink:

Without a doubt a great car and so technologically advanced for its age. I really like the car but I don’t trust myself nor any old mechanic to work on it if it ever did go wrong. The last thing I want to see is a beast like this one sit and collect dust because I can’t afford it or have the brain to work on it. I’m sure an enthusiast will appreciate that and soon snap her up.

Thanks for the advice boys.

1 Like

I personally think 3k is very low. How many of us paid that little for our cars? I paid what i consider a very small amount for mine, but knew i was taking a big risk. Going by the pictures this car looks in very good condition. Look at what is for sale out there. 3k will buy you one, but from the pictures alone i can honestly say i wouldn’t bother travelling to see most of them at that price.
I know our cars are not great when it comes to value compared to other cars in the same sort of category.
there are many reasons for this that have all been discussed on the forum.
I also feel that the value of these cars comes down to us as well. If i had this car and sold it for 3k alot of other people may then see that as a bench mark for selling/buying there’s, especially when that is what the owners are saying its worth.
This is just my opinion.
But if this was my car, and it was as good as it looks in the pictures all over, well looked after, some history.
You wouldn’t be buying it for 5k!
If it was yours would you be selling it for 3k?
Jensen

3 Likes

I paid 5k for mine
97 great condition
No mods 100% stock and everything working
3000gt

2 Likes

I paid ni on 5k for mine after looking at loadsof 3k cars and i really believe the extra 2k was worth every penny…would i sell it for 5k?..not a chance

3 Likes

Quite right @jensen360
Mine was £2200… what a fkin mistake…if I took £11k now it wouldn’t cover costs of getting it to now… holes in the car just as big as my pockets.

1 Like

Spot on mate. These cars should not be 3k cars unless obviously they’re a wreck. They look stunning and fingers crossed in the future I’ll be able to afford one which I can tune and keep for a long period of time. I’m at the point in my life where I either spend money on cars or put towards a house and I’ve had to choose the more grown up option unfortunately!

Seriously though some of the cars on here look at least 8k+ and without doubt the rarer they get I honestly believe they’ll only go up in value!

1 Like

And now look at it :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

4 Likes

OUCH!!! Just ouch :frowning:

2 Likes