Wondering if my old girl is still on the road!?

Would make me real happy to know if my old girl is still on the road?

H734 NRX
91 gto tt manual red. Had enkei rp01 alloys if I remember and a larger static rear spoiler. Few engine mods etc. hks exhausts and decat.
I fitted the new hydraulic tappets with the bigger oil hole to get rid of the dreaded tapping.
Oh and some retro recaro bucket seats, recliners I think.

Sold around 7 years ago to a bloke up near the Scottish Borders. I then heard he sold it on a year later.

Just did a quick dvla tax check

Looks to be still on the road… But not sure if its in the club though :slight_smile:

:heart_eyes: miss it so much.
It ran like a dream apart from 3rd gear synchro was abit temprimental, once in 3rd it would stay there but had to be gentle selecting it.
Was using it daily for work so never had the time to sort it. Knowing what i know now i would have just sorted her out :sob:

If i remember the rear steering rack was disconnected and locked off too.

1 Like

oh and i was only 21 at the time of having this and was ecstatic to find out i could insure it for £950p/year. That was a price i was willing to pay back then!! Must have been lucky circumstances as i doubt insurance is that tolerant nowadays for young drivers!!

Its not too bad. I am 26 now (25 when I insured mine) and I paid £146 a year for classic insurance. But even my Silvia insured on a normal policy I paid £440 at 24 with all mods declared (300bhp on a rear wheel drive car etc.)

thats good mate. i dont think i looked into classic insurance 8 years ago. would it have been applicable as a classic then?
nowadays you can usually find me in a LR defender 110, volvo v60 sportback estate or on the KTM supermoto bike. Couldnt be any futher away from the GTO !!

It is whatever the insurance company wants to classify as a classic so it depends on the company. Usually its 20 or 25 years old but exceptions are made for certain cars. Probably would have found a company to insure it as a classic back then. I have my first kiddy on the way so will be getting a Mondeo or similar soon as a daily… 3000GT is going nowhere though. Just wont be used as often! lol

1 Like