Woohoo! just got ma first GTO. love it. got a question

wow cheers dude! @jensen360 yeh upload them! how’d it work out?

A post was split to a new topic: Stepper motor how to

I’m not sure if the NA’s have the same thing (can’t spot it in Jensen’s pics) but on the TT’s there is a throttle dampener, sits on the back of the throttle body and catches the throttle if it is closed quickly and smooths out the drop in revs. If the NA’s have them then a quick adjustment of that could be whats needed.

1 Like

dude this is awesome. thanks! hopefully be referring to this on the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks mate. my beast isn’t a turbo. dunno if im ready to ride a turbo beast yet.

Be very careful you dont drop the o ring from the stepper motor down into the depths of the engine bay !!!

A blob of grease will hold it in place on the stepper motor when refitting

Craig :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

lol. thanks! talking from experience i sense

1 Like

Yup indeed , swapping one out on an evening in the dark on the drive , dropped the damn thing , ended up ordering a new one from @GSXRKID to replace , found the old one a couple of years later when i took the engine out :laughing:

Craig :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Done it! just wanted to check something. i took it out and sprayed it good. but it really just went from dusty black to wet black. lol. i didnt have an O ring in the place you had yours. there did seem to be a rubber seal ring left on the engine though (in pic) im probably gonna have to buy a new one too. but i#ll let ya know how this works out :slight_smile: thanks again for the advice! enjoyed doing it.

@jensen360 do you think i need a new ORing?

1 Like

Yeah! typical sh*tty Stepper, get a new one, I got mine from a guy called Leo Westby, but it was still in the box and at 75 quid wasn’t a bad deal. Dunno if the turbo ones are different but can only keep cleaning the burgers for so long :confounded:

Terry :sunglasses:

sweet deal dude. yeh im gonna look for a new one

Terry do ya think that leo Westby will have any more? he a pro parts seller?

Hi mate sorry been away for a couple of days.
That stepper looks filthy lol.
i started cleaning mine with an old tooth brush, but then got a cloth and had to rub it really hard to get it clean.
But i still have the same issues just not as intermittent as usual.
I am slightly worried my problem isnt down to the stepper, as i got one from another member and he said it was working. when i fitted the one i bought from him it was better than mine but still intermittent.
I dont mind buying a £150 one if its needed, just worried its not.
I saw some for sale new on uk e bay for £50 but wasnt sure as they didnt show any part numbers.
I then found some in the usa, new and it says its for our cars and part number. £13 plus £10 shipping so £23!!!
At that price i thought i would give it a go.
it should be here next week. I will let you know if its any good.
Jensen

1 Like

No Bud, he was just selling the one he had, don’t mention refitting and/or buying a second hand one off fleaBay as Mark Leach will let you know his thoughts :joy: :joy: :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi and welcome.

Take plenty of pics matey. Cause that motor will soon change over the coming months.

Stevie

1 Like

Thankyou dude. that’s amazing! For that price I will order one too! Well mine Def got better after a lil clean like yours, so probly is the issue. Good luck!
Oh yeh what site did u find it on?? @jensen360

Hi mate it still hasn’t turned up yet.
Tracker says its in the UK and should be here tomorrow.
As soon as its here and fitted and i know if its any good i will link you to it.
Fingers crossed it works.
Jensen

2 Likes

Thanks bro! :smile:

Ok so it turned up and is fitted.
Started it up revs jumped to 2k, adjusted screw to bring revs down and went for a drive.
Little bit of playing about at first,then Happy Days no hunting when coasting in 1st and 2nd, or massive jolting,it even stopped the odd hesitation on accelerating i got every now and again, and no fluxuation in revs with air con on and moving steering wheel.
It was fine for 2 days.
Took it to south mimms jap v german last night and started having the same issues.
I think it was because i was driving at night with blowers on lights and rear demister. Rear demister going on drops the revs quite alot.
So i think the stepper is all good.
But maybe i have another issue. I wonder if its a bad earth problem? any help appreciated from anyone.
Also car drove fine this morning with main lights off, just dipped lights and air con on.
@RetroGrader808 dont know for sure as i said but i think the stepper works. Your welcome to try it on your car if you are anywhere near Bedford,

thanks man. good advice.i think im gonna order one off evil empire when money comes in end of month. cus i want it to be solid. i will let you know if it cures my issues or not

1 Like