Woohoo! just got ma first GTO. love it. got a question

I installed new stepper motor and it’s made it worse. seemed better for first drive. But Stalling every time the clutch goes down now. So I’m gonna put old one back in and search for air leaks on the rubber. Anyone got any other ideas?

Sounds very much like air is getting in to the system somehow, you only need a small leak for stalling/non running. T’other used my car not long after I’d bought it to go to work, (show-off) and half way there she had to pull in. The car was dead. When I got there a turbo hose had come off from the front intercooler pipes by the rad. I’d done some work on the car but forgot to tighten the hose clip. :flushed:
You learn quickly with these cars :slightly_smiling:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Happened to me yesterday @just_cool on my way to getting new discs and pads,had just fitted a hks mushroom filter and had to remove a few pipes to make connecting the maf end easier,forgot to do up 1 hoseclamp car was dead,luckily i had the tools in the boot

2 Likes

thanks guys! im on that ■■■■ this afternoon! let ya if i fix it!

1 Like

so i had noticed a slight gap in the join of the large pipe from the air filter which i have rectified. It may having been causing it to suddenly be worse since i changed the stepper. thanks. all the other pipes seem good. if the problem persists im thinking it may be the Mass Air flow unit. need diagnostics check really.

Quick update. My issue was a bad earth cable/connection. Must thank @Beanus and @GSXRKID. Car is now running great.
How did you get on @RetroGrader808?
i do have 2 spare mass air flow units if it helps to diagnose your problem you can have one.
Jensen

1 Like

That was the strangest earth placement I’ve ever seen on your car mate. Glad it’s sorted now though. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Runs really nice now. Shame she is making me sell it. Some times they just don’t understand :sob:
The bank of wife had cut of my funding for the tt untill i made steps to show i wasn’t going to keep both.
So i put 1 ad online.
all i need to do now is bar incoming calls from unknown numbers on my phone. lol.
Jensen

wow! that would be amazing dude! i’ll send you postage money and what ever ya want!
and no way! a bad earth connection? was it a cable coming from the air flow? or just a general main earthing cable?

Sadly i have no air leaks on pipes, and brand new stepper motor. and she’s still stalling on gear change. its alright for about 10 mins then gets lower and lower revs (when out of gear) until it just starts stalling.
its driving me mad. lol i bet that PUN is heard alot on here.

eeesh man, there anything u think your lady should sell hers? lol. give her some empathy. lol

It was 2 main earth cable’s 1 new cable needed and bad connections cleaned up.
Pm me your address mate and i will get a price for delivery, as long as your happy to pay that ill send it to you.:slightly_smiling:
Jensen

1 Like

so kind dude! were turning the my GTO into pursuit vehicle for an cheesy 80’s style sci-fi buddy show were making. shes gonna look great on film! i’ll put a thankyou to you in the credits!

2 Likes

@DavePerky reply number 22 any good for how to Dave, stepper motor.

2 Likes

Done thanks @jensen360
Dave

1 Like

Hi NAS,
Trying to sell my 1991 twin turbo gto,
Unfortunately I’ve not been a member for 5yrs or so and for the life of me I can’t seem to post anything, yourself and many others have helped me previously with tips and getting many new parts . Am I not doing something wrong ? Feeling a bit thick.
Many thanks Paul Copeland

Unfortunately you have posted in a thread that’s over 5 years ago. Neil is no longer part of the Club.

Contact the club’s Membership Secretary ( @James3000GT ) with any issues or PM me with your problems.

Steve

2 Likes

OK stevie,
Thank you, I automatically thought I could continue as before, as I’ve rejoined again.
Many thanks Paul

Hi @paul_copeland1 ,

Can you see the classified section now as you are showing up as a full member on your profile. If you’re still not seeing all the sections let me know.

James

Thank you so much James,
I think I’ve done it right this time, I’m rubbish at tec stuff :roll_eyes: