Alloy wheels for my 1993 jdm na Mitsubishi gto

Hi all,

I’m trying to work out what size alloys I can fit in my GTO.

does anyone know if 18’’ 5x114.3 et30 staggered rota grid drifts 8j fronts 9.5j rear will fit?

Any help asap would be most appreciated

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Here is a photo of one of my Lenso Muse wheels. I purchased 4 from Rob of the Evil Empire back when the bow and arrow were on the secret list.

They were £1200 in all (early 2008) and included the Zeon Cooper boots.
Size is 19". Boots are 245 x 35.
They would look even better if I dropped the car by 25mm or so, (we all find the wheel arches for these cars way too big), but I toyed with doing that time and time again, and in the end I decided that I wouldn’t.
The rolling radius of this setup means that my speedo is only a fraction out (I’m actually doing 70mph when it shows I’m doing 71).
Ride is a bit hard, being a relatively low tyre profile. Not sure you can get these nowadays.
About 5mm min caliper clearance btw, and I have Mk2 calipers. The pic shows the rear offside. Normal 5 stud arrangement.
Have a look at the www.carbible.com//tyre guide for info on rolling radius etc. In the guide you’ll be able to check whether the difference you’d like between front and rear tyres/rims will be detrimental to your drivetrain. 4 wheel drive will require ideally that you keep the sizes the same, but there is a tolerance of up to 4%. If you go for a 9.5 rim at the rear, your tyres might not clear your arches. You will be ok with 8Js on the front
Good luck with your search fella,

Mike