Cheshire / Northwest meet Sunday 1st February 2pm

Are you still in need of an intake pressure kit Chris or is it other problems.

Still ok for me Paul

Craig :slight_smile:

I borrowed a rubber bung from a member and I made a piece of wood to blank off a test the intake. They did not seal but I think they sealed enough for me to test it. I sprayed leak detection spray on everything and it all seems to be ok. But not sure if it got enough pressure in to show up a leak.

Have you tried your throttle body shaft seal - I’m about to get mine sorted out as it leaks. Was hard to pick up without actually wiggling the shaft during the pressure test. I’m seeing someone who has the proper kit for testing the intake pressure this weekend, can’t promise anything but I’ll see if he can help you out.

Edited to add if you can get it to the meet I’m sure we could all put our heads together and see if we can figure out. Can certainly stick my logger on it and check the plumbing etc…

Yeh that would be great. I will try my best to get there. But I have taken my front bumper off and most of the bolts sheard of because they are so rusty. The more i do to this car the more it turns out to be a shed! :lol:

All the 3000GTs suffer from that - that’s why I’ve never dared to take the bumper off yet!

sorry guys cannot make this the gto is still off the road and was going to come down in the scenic but the tax ran out end of december :oops: and you know what those cheshire cops are like have a good un

pete

[quote]sorry guys cannot make this the gto is still off the road and was going to come down in the scenic but the tax ran out end of december :oops: and you know what those cheshire cops are like have a good un

pete[/quote]

no worries mate, hope to see you up and running soon!!

Paul

I have managed to get mine back together today. Its still not right but hopefully you guys can help me get to the bottom of it.

See you tomorrow
Chris

Thanks to everyone who came and made this a cold but memorable meet!! nice to see some new faces and possibly a new owner in our midst, hope you get what you are looking for Antony, despite the cold and the snow we did venture out to take a few pics this time!!

even rich (gtnewbie) managed to come along all be it in a slightly less than sporty gt?? :oops: :oops:

Chris, i will look in my shed for those leads for you to try!!

hope to see you all again hopefully the next one will be a little warmer!!!

Paul

Paul that would be great thanks. Sorry I couldnt stay longer. Was going to come back but tomtom took us down some cr*ppy roads. One road it took us down there where huge pot holes! It was about a mile long with now where to turn round. Dont think we went above 2mph :evil: Eventually found mcdonalds but in newcastle! What a day that turned out to be.

Sorry I didnt get to meet you all. Will do at the next one.
Thanks again paul for logging my car and for all the advise you and others gave me.

Cheers
Chris

well helen will be pleased … i think the stealthely disguised GT looks quite unassuming in those pics :lol: :lol: :lol: A wolf in sheeps clothing :lol: :lol:
Good to see a few faces new and old again … :lol:

Can i just say me girlfriend now hates me as all i have talked about since my first meet is GTO’s, so thanks guys i enjoyed meeting new people that would talk to me about them (GTO’s) i now have to lay low for a while before my G/F finds out i mentioned the word again. I will defo be in contact again hopefully i can bring mine next time. :smiley:

it was nice to meet you too!! hopefully you will have one soon!! there will be another meet posted up for march i think, hopefully it will be a bit warmer by then??

Paul