Hi all, potential GTO owner :)

Welp! I’ve got the itch now. Just paid for a membership! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The inch won’t ever go, I got mine end of 2018, was off the road for a year after having it for 6moths, needed a bit of work and then back on the road again, and I’ve put it back off the last few months as a turbo has gone (believe its the turbo) bit I want to drive it again.

The gto has to be my favourite car I’ve owned and driven.

You won’t be captain slow anymore, or atleast when you don’t want to, my friends take the mick out of me as I do the speed limit (most of the time) and won’t get egged on to go faster, but I know when I want to I can let it rip and leave them in the dust.

The most fun cars that I have driven are mx5s, peugeot 306, audi a4, bmw 330d, nissan silvia (this is a close 2nd and one of my friends)

I keep on telling everyone that the gto will never go

1 Like

Someone will come and correct me on exact numbers, but the principle should be correct - the wastegates open around 5 psi, but they never see that as the boost solenoid leaks off excess pressure to achieve 8-9psi of max boost. This solenoid can be swapped for a boost controller and upped to around 12 psi. You can get the little manual screw type but my experience on other cars is don’t bother and go for a proper electronic controller instead.

You drove a fun Audi A4?! I must not have tried that version :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I’m sure the old RS4 v8 must be pretty good.

Speaking of audis

That’s more like it :+1:

1 Like