Just bought my first gto .warrington

Ive had 2 gtos low loaded in the past, standard height ones only just go on and that the bumper is a lot lower needs to be a very low ramp.
gad its on its way, Dave

wow

just had my first drive

its unreal

4 Likes

First problems I need to fix

Hand brake really high

Back window all misted up

Common problem the handbrake , be very worthwhile investing in a club USB if you haven’t got one already , it comes loaded with the workshop manuals and is great for fault finding or servicing procedures

They can be purchased from th shop

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

Really I don’t know why I just thought it was a empty USB stick selling club emblem lol

How do I pay to join

What is difference between clubs

Gto club

An ■■■■■

You can pay to join via the club shop .

Differences between the two clubs is a touchy subject due to history , but I would say ours is more forum based not Facebook and as a club we get out to most if not all of the big jap meets , we are the oldest club in the uk the forum is full of knowledge from nigh on 15 years and I don’t think anyone can say we are not heavily into the social side of club life

Have a look through the past events at the pictures and you will see what I mean

Craig :grinning:

6 Likes

Welcome pal
Beautiful car, love the black on black!

thank you it need some work doing here an there

but ist all cosmetic

front bumper needs filling an respray

i want to keep my gto forever i love it

1 Like

Welcome, that feeling you had when you drove it matey never goes away. 15 years later and I still have a buzz.

Steve

2 Likes

If you want to keep the car well worth imo taking off the front bumper cover, crash bar, plastic trays etc you can then get to all the panels at the front , around the rad and clean and treat, often left even if the car has been undersealed.
You can do intercoolers, oil cooler get all the metal brackets and fittings painted powder coated etc.
Very worth checking behind the plastic mudguard in the rear of the front wheelarch often mud caked in there.
Good luck very satisfying and you can do the same at the rear geting the cover off there as well, any tips please ask done a few cars now.
Just a couple of jobs to keep you busy!!
Have fun, Jerry

So do I buy new hand brake cable or just tighten it

It is really high like right up in the air

Will buy manual thanks

You could see if there is adjustment its under the central consul between the seats there is a sort of balance bar for the two cables, sorry thought l had a photo. Good luck

Very greatful for all your help

Pity you don’t live near me Warrington Cheshire

I am often in Liverpool!

Perfect

Maybe you like to have a look at my gto

Give me some help with it :yum:

Keep badgering him, he may well lament :grin:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes lets try and meet up will be there over xmas and in new year so will let you know and get somethung arranged.
No worries Jerry

3 Likes

Membership paid in full

Does the forum change now for me?

6 Likes

100%:wink:

4 Likes

Yes you get too see all our stupidity in full form :grinning:
Enjoy have a good l👀k around.
Welcome to the best gto club there is :+1:
Dave… Smokin

4 Likes