Just Joined, Soon to Buy

Hi Everyone, quick introduction. My name is Edward and I’m looking to buy a GTO as soon as I find one I like. One of the sellers recommended the site and the buyers guide was very useful, thank you. I’m interested in becoming a full member but couldn’t find it. Also, today is my birthday.

Nice to meet you all ^^

5 Likes

Firstly happy birthday… second welcome to the club your in the right place, take a look In the classifieds.
Full membership is here in the club shop.
Have a great day Dave.

1 Like

Welcome to GTOUK and a Happy Birthday too.

Steve

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. Some nice examples for sale on here and the likes of ebay. Post up a link to any cars you want to look at. Someone here is bound to know the car and have some info on it. GTO ownership is a small world!

2 Likes

Happy birthday Edward and welcome to the club
Jensen

1 Like

Welcome to GTOUK and a Happy Birthday, one way to announce yourself :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome! So far I’ve only looked at one GTO, advertised here:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710019850498

It looked good but this was before I had read the buyers guide and didn’t have a MOT so I didn’t test drive it. The owner was hoping to sort out the MOT this week. This was the person who recommended the site.

Was a little sad to learn it was a 5 speed but I’m beginning to relax on that point.

1 Like

@DavePerky, your car is beautiful! Such a shame you’re having to sell. I’m looking for something a little more stock. Your car is inspirational!

2 Likes

Lol I know some would say I’m in a different place… mental institution :joy:
I’ve just bought another today so reduced to clear sticker going on him :persevere:

2 Likes

Welcome and happy birthday :birthday:
Jerry :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to GTOUK Edward and many happy returns for your birthday :tada:

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with a 5 speed, mine doesn’t even crunch into gear :grin: Gets you going to where you want to go just as rapidly :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aren’t both of yours in bits @just_cool :joy::joy: I bet it don’t crunch

3 Likes

Ouch :joy::joy::joy:

Terry :sob: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome on board good luck with your quest and the club is at the NEC this weekend Classic Motor Show, come and say hello.

Welcome and late Happy Birthday :+1:

I prefered the gearing in my old 5 speed to the 6 speed i drove. The only thing to remember is the earlier 5 speeds had an 18 spline output and were a bit weaker than the later 5 speeds with 25 splines. Although unless you are going to be dumping the clutch at 5k rpm I wouldn’t worry about that either!

1 Like

This looks good - I will speak to my girlfriend about it tonight.

I’ve been speaking with Mike from GT Torque about importing a GTO through them. Do people have any opinions on this?