Looking for first car

Hi and welcome aboard
If it’s a real minter, [ look very hard underneath the car] it’s got to be 7k plus just think what it would cost to get a shabby one that way.
I would not be worried to go up from that a bit as well, these cars are gaining value but to me they must be really good.
A 2.5 to 4k car will probably need much more spent to get to the same level.
Gtouk at the NEC this weekend at the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, pop in and see us.

Agree with Jerry , where about in Scotland is the car ?

Thanks for the responses!
The car is in Inverness spiros and the bloke has got it up for 11k, so some way off the 7k up you and Jerry have suggested!
I haven’t seen it in the flesh so can’t be sure of its exact condition but if it wasn’t as he described I could walk away.
Another thing that I found odd is he said it is 1 of 5 cars Mitsubishi imported to market the car over here but decided not to bother due to costs etc. So they gave these 5 cars to Mitsubishi dealers to sell anyway. Which goes against your buyers guide and everything else I’ve read about these cars. i.e the 3000gt was here from 91/92 and sold a few more than 5 :joy: I think he’s got the wrong end of the stick on that one??

For 11k the car must be all most perfect, do You have any links with info and pictures ? A bit far from Glascow 170 mil over 3 hours on windy roads :grinning:

Seems like it’s too top end doesn’t it, here’s the link to it.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure that is not a 99. Looks like a Mk2 car with are 94-96 I believe. Which contradicts the numberplate… Someone might know better but I would be wary of that…

Ok, that’s something I need to look into then, will that info be on the vin plate?

What makes you say it’s not a 99 out of interest?

The 99 was an import only. So being 1 of 5 bought in to decide on whether to sell them makes sence. But the Mk3 and Mk4 had very different rear spoilers (Mk3 hoop spoiler and Mk4 big lairy wing). The Mk4 (99) had a very very different front end on it too. Lots of people put the Mk4 front end on earlier cars. Never seen it done the other way round.

1 Like

Now I’m really confused! So it potentially is an import, but still classed as a 3000gt?? Just looked According to mot checker it was registered on 20th January 1999

It’s definitely not the 99 shape as max said the rear wing and front end are wrong as are the sail panels ask for the vin number as that holds all the info needed to check

Mark

1 Like

Ok just rang him, thank you for your guidance so far! This is the vin no. JMAMJ216AWY000284

1 Like

registerd in 1999 means that is the year it was imported into the uk,so its not 3000gt

Looks like it has the carbon fibre effect trim bit’s.
Also has 3000gt door sills. And newer climate control.
@GSXRKID could you have a look at the vin for him
(2 posts up) if you have time.

2 Likes

Sure that is a 3000gt vin though.

I just put it in vindecoderz.com and it says it was maufactured in 98 and is a 3000gt but I think that sites from the states so not sure how accurate it would be. And that would go against what you guys were saying about the spoilers and front end so god knows, sounds like it’s a mix of all sorts??

If they are the carbon fibre effect bits they came on 98-99 cars I believe. But that car definitely has not got 98 or 99 front end and spoiler.
Hopefully rob will be able to check the vin for you but he is usually quite busy.

Looks like a genuine advert for a UK spec.
The seller has got his lines crossed though… There was a few 99 JDM models imported into the UK and sold within dealerships…(personally i only know of 1 car.) But this car is not one of them, as they all had the JDM 99 kits.
apart from the misinformation it looks like a nice car…
Dean

1 Like

The plot thickens…

it seems to me like he has heard of the very few dealership imports, and automatically thought his car was one of them.