New GTO owner from Newcastle Upon Tyne

Yep still got my little black number :slight_smile: Infact still got all my Zeds! 3 of , I will never get rid.
I bought the GTO as a winter runaround, but finding it so comfy and getting really attached already, Its only the N/A version with cloth interior and those horrible mk2 head lights, Love the mk1 pop ups better!

Nice to see you on here mate, I`m sure this forum will be as good as the excellent 300zx.co.uk

[quote]haha, yeah, of course i remember you. Nice little black number you had :wink:

You still got the Zed or sold up for one of these?

I almost bought the Zed back but the guy had not looked after it the way i had. He’d smasshed the Ipad (well the frame) i built into the dash, Cracked the front nose, cracked the Bodykit and said i can have it back for what he paid :0

So, ended up going for one of these instead.

Get some pics up of yours then :slight_smile:

Peter[/quote]

Well,

I’m back here again with a new GTO.

This time its a MK2 in Red.

Just realised the car has a fairly bad leak from somewhere but not sure where as it is dark when i leave for work and get home from work. Gonna try to get it in the garage for a look ASAP.

Also the steering shakes at 70ish and the steering also shakes when you brake.

Other than that, it all seems good.

Peter

Welcome back again :slight_smile: hope you get to the bottom of these issues n the leaks nothing too serious

Cheers mate. Got it booked into the garage for Saturday morning to have alook and see where the leaks are coming from. Thats my main concern at the minute, i can live with the rest for now.

Peter

Welcome Peter. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Hope the leak is nothing to serious for you.

Ian.

If the steering shakes when you brake, it could be due to various different reasons. Some of which are; warped brake discs, unbalanced wheels, distorted/damaged wheels, worn ball joints or steering linkages. the vibration at 70mph sounds like unbalanced wheels, check that the wheel nuts are tightened to the correct torque.