That was fun..bleeding water system!

Yeah I wasn’t sure either :slight_smile:

A blockage is a possibility, and maybe the thermostat is not opening sufficiently.

If it is not the above, then it may be the new water pump itself failing to circulate sufficient coolant while the car is moving. Was it a pattern part?

try without thermostat in car

Also in the thermostat itself there should be a little hole, that should always go to the top as air rises to the top.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi cheers for all comments pump came from icp looked like good quality japanese part …ive now got new thermostat to put in going to strip down heating pipe work flush and clean out thermostat housing make sure water flows through all pipes,Lower pipe from bulkhead from heater felt crunchy?? down low so im going to see if anything blocking pipe or if pipe colapsed or full of sediment try to look weekend or over christmas…so the saga continuse…

If the hoses from the bulkhead to the coolant bottle are crunchy , change them they are breaking down inside , you don’t want those letting go , mine split years ago along with other issues took my head gaskets out

Craig

1 Like

Hello again,cleaned out pipes think a bit crusty inside no blockages got a new thermostat in better heat into cabin didn’t seem to go cool filled up and ran from cold for well over half an hour bleeding system squeezing all pipes had lovely hot air into cabin.I noticed level in radiator cap housing lowered as i let it settle if i revved it up it rose greatly and would fly out of top is this normal? this was yesterday today just got back from an 8 mile drive temp was steady for a good few miles but again went up to the 3/4 mark? fan was running…got home car running great temp started to lower went round block again …again it rises,then as per as last time radiator pipes hard and hot with water?car going back to my garage pal just purchased a vacuum bleeding system…also im going to do a sniff test this week …i do think we have a head gasket issue but i so hope its not what are your thoughts?

yea try a sniff test mate I was unsure of mine aswell but on boost the pressure built and blew the rad cap .did a sniff test and it was the head gasket failure I didn’t want to see ,so rebuilding after xmas

Hi went back out today cap never releases any thing no water or steam runs spot on temp rose again to 3/4 but no more fan running idles spot on no other issues iv got pics and video of bubbles to ill try put on tomorrow…

It does sound like a head gasket. Have you checked that your fans are going into high speed? And have you taken the overflow pipe off on a hot idle to see if there is any water coming out?

1 Like

Hi yes main fan running not had other one go this weekend temp was normal for a few miles went up to 3/4 mark by that time i was home left running temp soon came down and no …no water in overflow pipe to bottle ive got a sniff test ill carry out Wednesday so will get back to you all then.

Hi again merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.I did a head gasket block test first one went green…but i was sucking up fluid ! so done 6 more times over a 2 day course all stayed blue i,m pretty sure all is good on head gasket i still have bubbles sometimes and still slowly temp rises to 3/4 mark could gauge sensor be playing up ? and radiator hoses still firm .In new year my mate going to do a re bleed of system with a vacuum tool hes bought apart from that all is good.

1 Like