Trying to diagnose a faulty ptu before emptying a wheelbarrow of cash

It was a mixture of things. Timing be out, dying coil packs and dying ptu.
Then the non starting was down to a blown fuse.

Tbh I was at my witty end with the car. I even went out and got another good running gto just to use as spares as I thought maybe the main ecu was kaput.

If still no good in a couple of weeks, I’ll get up to quinton again in me gto and if needs be you can try my ecu

3 Likes

As @Mesobitchi timming could be out!!
I recently changed every singke thing and it did nit make no diffrence …eventually the timming was out !
Chngaged the hydrolic tentioner and it was all perfectly fine !
So i would recommend to check the timming
Check the link below the issue i used to have

1 Like

@Mesobitchi yeh mate that sounds like an idea add me on facebook n take my number , giz a shout when ur about mukka, im matt shadowsniper wood on facebook, 07927256701 - thats ma number

1 Like

My money is on timing too. You say it went bad overnight but chances are it went as you were cranking it.

1 Like

Have you put fuel in it recently? Take a look at the inside of the tank as someone on here hadn’t started their motor for a long time, was ok for a journey then had similar problems to you. The tank was all rusty inside so the complete fuel system was cleaned and a second hand, clean tank was installed and now runs well. Can’t remember who it was tho.

Terry :sunglasses:

Mine was doing that I changed the fuel pump relay sorted it out