AGM 2017 DETAILS - "Have Your Say"

With absolute clarity Dave none of this is aimed at you.

Can we just leave it at that.

TBH this thread could easily gather momentum in a wrong way, It shows tension brewing and I can honestly say itā€™s down to a few outside forces.

Lets get this thread back on track, replies on topic, as I see it the only people gaining here are the ones at the top of the rumour mill.

I know all be will unfolded at the AGM, then everything will become clear and the above threads will makes sense.

Steve

4 Likes

Craig, I have much the same thoughts at Paul has outlined in his post. This year has seen a lot on inconsistency and I personally lost track of who is and isnā€™t currently active on the committee and what positions they hold. Aside from @3000gt who is the President and treasurer I have lost track of everyone.

I also agree with this, I feel some banter has gone to far and for one reason or another people have some perception that I am out to get them. Ever since I joined this club there have been people who havenā€™t seen eye-to-eye with me, this seems to have been exacerbated over the last year or so and I have no idea why. People I previously got on with seem to have distanced themselves and quite frankly itā€™s one of the reasons I have avoided meets this year.[quote=ā€œCDMH, post:39, topic:71613ā€]
Iā€™m personally not happy with the direction the website has gone down , it is donā€™t get me wrong a fantastic bit of kit , but itā€™s too strangled and controlled .
[/quote]
I agree with Craig here, the new forum software has itā€™s pros and cons but I feel that the navigation is now much harder and the flow is some what lost. Also, there are features we were told would be rolled into this new software to ease the transition from the old software which have not arisen, such as the garage and chat. I have seen that the garage is due back soon with a different solution. Which is great to see some out of the box thinking.

I think weā€™ve got too hung up on perceived ā€œpassion forā€ or ā€œlove forā€ the club, rather than what that person can actually deliver to the benefit of the club. We agreed quarterly reviews of what the committee has been up to so that members can see the benefits these people have delivered, but I personally found them difficult to read and couldnā€™t clearly see what each person was doing. Iā€™d like to see key actions captured each quarter with updates in following quarters until they are completed with the name of the person responsible.

I want to close on something positive, as I feel there is a lot of negatively in this thread. As is always said this club is nothing without the members and the people who kindly give up their time for free to keep things running in the background. The club has provided me with some great times over the years and Iā€™ve met some great people who I keep in contact with to this day, even if they arenā€™t around the forum as much as I used to be.

1 Like

So I attempt to calm the thread down but here we go again @Steven_Smith or is that your motive as said here?

So are you saying here that GTOUK members donā€™t know who the Committee are apart from Simon?

Thank you for pointing this out as Chairman I will be making my presence known. Along with @Butler and @gavin_naish.

Unfortunately I didnā€™t think it appropriate to let you know when I was going for a shite. We work as a Committee, the undertaking was to let the members know what their Committee was doing.

Yet again I say, getting a little boring now, we are going through a delicate time with the Club and doing a detailed account of what we are doing is not relevant at this stage.

But if you want a detailed account of what I have done in my Christmas Holidays :-

Chairmanā€™s report
Added Bandannas to the shop.
Updated the Garage
Made new Owners Rides Category.
Activated the Snow Flakes to the forum.
Posted Happy New Year as Chairman.
Enrolled on a Web Development Course.
Delete a for sale post and messaged him the reasons why and explained the benefits of joining GTOUK.

Not too bad considering Christmas and New Year is typically for families spending time with each other.

Steve

6 Likes

@stevie, I think youā€™ve miss construed the message of my post. As Paul said:

Iā€™ve no hidden agenda or motive, despite what may be thought, beyond making the club better for everyone.[quote=ā€œstevie, post:45, topic:71613ā€]
So are you saying here that GTOUK members donā€™t know who the Committee are apart from Simon?

Thank you for pointing this out as Chairman I will be making my presence known. Along with @Butler and @gavin_naish.
[/quote]
I expressed my concern that some peopleā€™s positions may be unclear with the multitude of conversations surrounding peopleā€™s ability to continue to support the club. I appreciate peopleā€™s circumstances change throughout a year and unforeseen events mean people have to review priorities. I have the up most respect for the job yourself and the rest of the committee perform and the sacrifices you make individually to help the club continue.

Obviously, I do not expect every little action to be itemised. However, I would suspect that each committee member would be working on a key point, maybe more than one, each quarter. How do I, as a member, make a decision at the AGM about whether someone has aided the club if I am unable to discern what they have already delivered or helped to deliver?

1 Like

If we can all keep this calm and polite actually it could become a very productive conversation :slight_smile:
Thereā€™s some good points all round here.

Feeling alienated isnā€™t something I personally like to hear of. And i would always encourage anyone with issues to contact myself or another committee member. That being said there is always differences of opinion that can sometimes feel personal

Please all understand this year has been very difficult on the committe and I would encourage anyone who thinks they can help/take over to do so.

The committee has worked pretty well together this year. And whilst there have been a few blow outs on the forum please all understand that hands have been tied, mouths have been taped shut and frustrations have boiled over out of impotence rather than anger or disunity.

Steve smith I understand your inquisitive mind and your drive for clear cut answers, Iā€™m similar in that. I hate bull ā– ā– ā– ā–  and smoke screens, and understand you feel the committee is elected therefore should be 100% transparent but please understand sometimes itā€™s not as easy nor as straightforward as that.
And I know youā€™ll ask why not. And I can only give a frustrated answer ofā€¦ ā€œBecauseā€

2 Likes

In addition Steve smith. I understand alot of what your saying. I know you want to help. Especially as you applied for committee last year.
I can see that youā€™d like open honest and transparent committee decisions and minuets avaliable etc. Maybe making committee meeting minuets public could be an option here? Or at least a breakdown of who/what/where etc.
Sometimes in the committee there are times when 1 particular person does little that is obvious to the general membership.

Personally in the last week or 2 Iā€™ve helped about 3 people sort of membership/login issues, delt with requests from external sources to advertise on the forum via the ā€œresourcesā€ page.
Micromanaged forum posts, adjusted categories for easier garage additions and later upload to he website whole.

I donā€™t tell you this to say ā€œnah nah nah nah nahā€ I just simply say that whilst some things are not obvious. Things are often done :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My report yesterday was the 3rd one in 15 years of GTOUK history, there has never been a problem previously whereby members needed further additional information of what the Committee does year in year out for those entire 15 years to enable them to cast a vote, yourself included for previous years you have been a member prior to the Chairmanā€™s Reports, which only started this membership year.

Before the whole Committee stands down at the AGM according to the rules of the Constitution, I will stand and give a detailed Chairmanā€™s Report then each Committee member will stand up and state what they have done individually and what benefit they brought. That way the members can decide if changes are needed.

Stevee

5 Likes

Might actually try and make our first agm since joining :joy:

As for the politics side of it looking at these postsā€¦ :unamused::unamused:

5 Likes

Politics 1hr drinking and having fun 23hrsšŸ˜‰
Its normally meet, greet meeting bowling, dinner, bar till the bar person wants to go home as they have to be back for the next shift in 3 hrs lol

3 Likes

Iā€™m in see you all there nice. when is the best time to book the hotel?

2 Likes

Sooner the better really, last year I forgot to book. And were sold out.However there was another hotel within walking distance that had space :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just booked there are now 7 allocated rooms left under gto uk, more are still available but as steve said its a very popular hotel.
Dave.

2 Likes

How much is it @DavePerky in total

1 Like

Ā£65 double room Inc breakfast or Ā£55 single bud

2 Likes

All booked.

No payment is taken until the day, either upon arrival or departure. So get booking guys, card details just need to be given to confirm booking.

See you all there.

Steve & Tracie :tulip:

5 Likes

All boooooked in , pass for the loan of the jeep that weekend sorted too :grinning:

4 Likes

bookedā€¦yep im stayin

5 Likes

Just the day for me as this is my birthday.
Lil and the kids would not be happy if i stayed.
Jensen

7 Likes