Best way to bleed water system

Hi guys what’s Best way to bleed water system,also is it easy to change thermostat? had cam belt, water pump done now got little hot air in cabin temp also rising above normal …was fine till job done will tell my garage mate

With the car cold , check the level in the bottle down by the radiator to make sure it’s at the right level , open the pressure cap at the side of the engine check the level in there , top up both if necessary .

With the cap off and Heaters on full start the car and let it burp itself , once done , pressure cap back on let it cool then recheck levels

Do not try to attempt to take pressure cap off just after the car has been running , you may very well get scalded as it goes with some force

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

ok will give it a go going to flush system and put new thermostat in got a new cap too as old one weeping a bit and rubber split …

thermostat is pretty easy to change ,but as mentioned leave rad cap off while running our cars are a bitch for airlocks in the coolant system , just did mine and now found out I need heads skimmed which is not good :frowning:

oh don’t want that to happen cars been great till i had cam-belt done …got new stat and cap will give a good flush and coolant top up if dry weekend …