Breaking GTO Twin Turbo MK1 Red Import

Hi all, back from holiday, will be stripping the engine, gearbox and rear running gear from this on monday
to be honest i made my money back on this and need the ramp space (currently have 3 hondas waiting)
planning on scrapping this shell by friday, will keep all i can but have no room to store large panels so
offer me peanuts for body panels etc and there yours or can have them for free if you remove yourself

1 Like

radiator with fans held water well, no leaks fans worked :£40

front bumper, no real damage will req a respray:£20

Alternator and front brakes sold

apologizes to anyone that has pm me for my slow response iv been laid up in bed for the last week with the flu, ill get around to replying to everyone asap

on the brightside after a lot of Fing and b****** the car now looks like this

4 hours in total it took (i can normally have a honda engine out and on the deck withing an 1 hour n half) so i take my hat off to anyone working on these cars regularly

im going to start taking bits of the interior out tomorrow (mainly just the climate control panel, clocks etc) with a view to pulling it outside on Tuesday.
if anyone is close by to me id recommend you come down with a tool kit and remove anything iv left as i don’t have room to store doors, boot, glass etc, if its still inside the car when i take it outside you can have it for free, ill leave it outside for a week then scrap it

good condition 5 speed manual transfer box: £100

engine fuse box, all wires have been cut but plenty of pig tails, fuses/relays may be of use to someone £15

ac rad, good condition, held pressure-£20

magnecor competition red ht leads-£50

front bumper/crash bar in good condition-£20

rebuilt ecu-£150

as always my prices may be way off but please feel free to correct me if they are!

pair of fog lights, one bulb is out cant remember for the lift of me what side, one small stone chip as per pictures can include connectors with a length of wire if required-£30

plastic radiator intake surround thing (im amazing at describing items)-£15

Ecu sold, still plenty of parts left don’t be shy to make an offer

complete rear end, includes everything you see in the pictures, ideally some parts would need a refurb like brake calipers etc, please also note brake flexi,steering flexi and hand brake cables were cut.
£250 ono will split

stater motor also sold

What’s the rear diff code mate?

unsure ill double check is it stamped on the body of the diff?

Should be a nice big plate on the rear casing if I remember correctly!

It’s just a silver style sticker maybe size of a big 2nd class stamp

hope this helps

Behave its a MK1 !!!

You never know @GSXRKID, parts get swapped, bought second hand. It’s always worth a look. :blush:

That’s what James Cameron Said… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

ill hold on to this for another week then its defiantly has to go, anyone with a trailer more than welcome to come take it away as it is for free, im sure theirs still some useful bits left on it

Transfer box sold

clocks/speedo with 78k on it-£50

dash gauges: £20

sun visors-little grubby-£20

map light-£10

relay-£5

srs ecu-unsure if condition-£10

indicator stalks-£20

dash surround with buttons-£20

steering wheel-£30

switches x3 £5 each
https://static.dyp.im/2zynu1eu89/c39cb270693572dd80d5d1dbf7983687.jpg

if anyone need’s any tips on how to remove a dash then im not the person to ask! knuckles of steel or a small child and some good quality screw drivers

but that’s it, Im done stripping the car, anything left on it at this point can be had for free (providing you remove it yourself), thats doors, wing mirrors, glass, boot, rear bumper, some interior trim, gear linkages, master cylinder etc or even better come with a trailer and take the shell away for free (must still be atleast £50 worth of scrap in it)