***Breaking News***

The Jap Drag Series will no longer be run at Santa Pod but and equivalent will be run at Shakespeare County Raceway instead.

We had a huge disagreement with Santa pod where they wanted to change the format from heads up to staggered start bracket racing. They also wanted to merge Street and Pro classes into one with a minimum 11.99 second qualification time. Can you imagine a staggered start between a car that runs 11.5 and another that runs 6’s. From a spectators point of view you might as well just watch RWYB. Worse still if the Pro car lost control at the thick end with a 60 mph differential in terminal speeds. Hitting a wall at 120 would be bad enough let alone if you were punted into a wall by a car doing 180 mph!

I personally think it is much better off at Shakespeare.
Hope to see you run this year.
Marty

Thanks Marty

We will be doing 6 rounds there instead of 5. Only 2 will be fully MSA sanctioned, the other 4 will have slightly relaxed regs.

So if anyone fancies trying their hand to see if they like it before committing to caging their road car, these are the events to do it at.

Essentially at these 4 we will be doing a self run heads up RWYB.

5 Likes

Can you please update with the dates when you have them, so if anyone want to come along, we know when it is.
Marty

1 Like

Here are the dates.
April 30th/1st May - MSA Meeting
13th/14th May
10th/11th June
26/28th August - MSA Meeting
Sept 30th/1st October
14th/15th October

3 Likes

I thought shakespeare was closing? or is it not now?

Apparently the Stratford Council have plans for compulsory purchase to put housing on the site. The brothers (read alkies, the Masons Arms are home to these guys) who own it are fighting it but the raceway is supposed to be staying. They are trying to stop any flying from there too, barstewards!!!

Terry :sunglasses:

All I know is that we are there for 2017 and possibly 2018

Never been to Shakespear. Is it vastly different to SP ?

I have never been either

I have been twice. The facilities are not as good as pod as you would expect. But for a road car the track was better Imo. It’s a bit like Elvington André a concrete rough surface.

Paul

Well guys, during the wawr, Oh! you’re back Uncle Albert, :wink: LM was a satellite airfield for Honeybourne aerodrome, weird really as HA is now fields and LM is wanted by the Stratford council to build houses. The concrete surfaces were the runways Paul :+1:

Terry :sunglasses: