GTO/3000GT Spotting, Wiltshire

A couple of recent sightings:

Spotted a Silver Mk1 TT (H Reg) with Vented Bonnet Bulges parked in retail park in Trowbridge. Went back to the car for a GTOUK flyer and handed it to the owner. He bought the car just before Christmas and wasn’t aware of the GTOUK website, so hopefully will become a new member.

Also spotted this Mk1 in a garage compound in Wiltshire:

I spoke to the owner who is undecided whether to break it, sell it or repair it. I’ve also given him the GTOUK details for advice with any of those options! He also has a Mk1 Twin Turbo which does approx 30mph but anything above and it loses drive to the wheels. I’ve suggested he gets in touch on the forum for guidance on transfer troubleshooting and finding parts.

3 Likes

There is three gtos parked up near my house. None of which have moved within two years. I have a transfer box if he needs one, seam to be collecting them at the mo. :slight_smile:

Wow that is a very sorry looking car :-(.

Neil I hope you’ve been knocking on doors as I do :slight_smile:

I did mention to him that there is probably one available if he get’s in touch, was thinking of the black Mk1 if it still had the box. Always good to have a few spares round the house, someone with a trained eye could stand in my kitchen at the moment and spot a grey primed rear wiper arm and a MAF sensor behind some boxes of cereal and a plenum sticking out under the curtain! Could do with a nice big warm garage for working on the car, with a rack for spares (and a ramp) :smile:

1 Like