GTO Advice coil wire

Hello All,

Just a quick question i was thinking of buying a gto mk1 that a guy is selling for a very cheap price, it has new belt and tensioner and pump etc but he says it runs on 4 cylinders unless you get the coil wire in the right position, i suggested that i could peel back the wiring and fix this issue, is this possible ? or is this a bigger problem.

thanks.

Unfortunately our forum is only open to Newbie sections if non paying member, technical sections are hidden untill full membership.
Thanks Dave
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Hi and welcome to GTOUK .

If it were me I would ask him to prove that it does run on all 6 by moving the ht lead , if you can actually see that it works then it’s well worth a punt

A decent set of plug leads will cost you just over 100 quid if you wanted coloured , they can be bought cheaper though , too cheap and the quality is horrendous

Regards

Craig

Welcome to GTOUK… See you’ve changed your name Terry :sob: now now @just_cool it’s only if they have been here like 2 years we do that :joy:
I’ve spotted that car too, my question would be this in my head… If it’s simple? fix it and increase the price…no! These cars are extremely complicated.
Good luck Dave

Welcome to the club.

If he is right and the moving the plug wire solves the problem then worst case you are looking at a set of HT leads (£100 or so), set of Coil packs which can be had from evil rob for around £150 from memory, and a set of spark plugs (£60). So you are not going to get into too much money.

But as Dave says if it was really that simple why wouldn’t the owner do it??