Just bought my first GTO for £2660 is this cheap?

And also I ended up changing the numbers on the turbo timer when I had a mess with it? Is this adjusting the boost or something? I was told you adjust a screw under the bonnet to adjust the boost? What’s the best setting for it? I might just keep it off when I drive it just as long I keep it ticking over before turning her off.

The radiator light could be the coolant overflow bottle which has a sensor in the bottom, there is a fill cap just to the right of the main fuse relay box behind the offside headlight, it has a fill level and coolant will get drawn into the engine or pushed out at times depending on temperature and pressure. Check the level, it’s up to where the container changes it’s shape if you have a look you will see what l mean. Topped up the light should stay out, make sure you are not loosing coolant. Check the hoses to t/body and heater, turbos and rad of course. Maybe worth getting a new rad cap 0.9 bar std, and thermostat, (rad cap first). (Washer bottle level low light should be a spray type sign rather than a rad shape).
As Craig says your car is a mk 1 and you have a turbo timer, you may be able to set the idle time after you switch off, you can on mine.
You can get a fuel rail mod called ek2 from Rob at E E, might help with fuel starvation etc when hot, it is just a loop from front to back fuel rail with a bigger bore so better flow than std, put it on my car.
You could delete the aero if you want to put the light out or if you want to try and fix it l have some spare parts that maybe could help you, let me know, l know how to delete as well.

Coolant overflow filler to the left of the two yellow labels

2 Likes

All the turbos on our cars have oil and water lines

If you have a screw for adjusting boost under the bonnet , leave it well alone for now , that most likely is a manual boost controller , you will need to log the car while adjusting or have it set up professionally , just turning it will most likely result in a painful and expensive experience

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s OK I’m not intending on adjusting it! It’s on the timer bit when I was messing with it some number came up when I pressed the little dail thing in and pressing it up and down was adjusting the number but eventually it went back to 30 secs so I don’t think it’s the time it runs I was adjusting. I was worried if I did adjust somthing

And also thank you everyone for all the advice it’s helped out a lot!

2 Likes