Looking to buy UK Mk2 3000GT Red

Yeah, that’s kind of what I thought

I think mk1 3000gt look great with the front end lights etc. Looks like it might be an ok car but no undertrays by the looks of it, active aero?
Underbonnet could be a lot sharper as well could be worth a barter as from a trader. But a mk1 3000gt in pristine nick has got to have a decent value.

Agree with Jerry here , they are very scarce now in MkI guise

Craig :grinning:

Giving this thread a bump up to the top of the forum as I am still looking. I have unfortunately been the second person in line recently, by the time I’ve seen an advert and contacted the seller.

The alternative is to buy a reasonably priced ‘3000GT’ and put aside funds and time to restore it to your own liking.

Don’t look at the mileage, it’s condition that matters more at the end of the day. History (or from work/parts you put into it) will make the car standout in an ownership and investment perspective. Low mileage traps the owner into limiting how much he/she can drive the thing, which defeats the purpose of owning such an exceptional motor.

So this is what I am doing with my ‘GTO’ Twin Turbo, my daily driver and little by litting the car gets better and better. I could not find a clean running standard one for sale in the UK, could be because the owners rightfully won’t want to get rid!

[Hopefully the swear filter saves me here]

Not driving a car to keep the mileage low for resale is like not ■■■■■■■ your girlfriend to keep her ■■■■■■ fresh for the next guy!!

3 Likes

Two very valid points :joy: the latter definitely brought a laugh!

You do make a very good point about mileage not being as important, however while most parts can be replaced as it racks up the miles, the more expensive to replace items still wear out and are mileage dependent! That and more miles on salted roads etc, will usually mean more corrosion everywhere.

1 Like

There are at least 2 for sale at the moment one on flebay for around 4k and looks fairly standard. It’s located in Beccles which is Suffolk way. Definitely worth a look.

James

Which do you think will have more corrosion? A daily driven pride and joy that is freshly undersealed every couple of years and cleaned and worked on merticulously. Or a car that is used much less, left parked on the side of the road. Never seen a hint of underseal and never cared for.

I would take 150k with full service history and genuine love over 70k of neglect any day.

Saw that GT pop up on eBay last night. Have dropped the owner a message. 110k obviously more than I’m after, but he’s mentioned transmission whine. Probably just a bearing but if it is something more sinister, not a small repair bill!

While I definitely get your point Maxx, there’s a happy medium in there! A pride and joy, lower mileage car, that’s a weekend driver and is still undersealed and doted on. Unfortunately there was a very fine example of a GT that sold on autotrader ~10 days ago, well looked after and lower mileage, FSH. I was second in line for it by time I spotted the advert, but alas the first guy bought it. Still, gives me hope there’s another one out there and I’ll have my own pride and joy very soon.

2 Likes