Newbie from huntingdon, Cambridge :) 1994 TT

Hi there bought a gto last weekend! Here she is below! Few teething problems but I’ll go into that soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Almost norfolk…I like the way this is going…one day I may have a friend lol
Welcome to the nut house🖒 good too see your off to meet the club tomorrow, you can’t go wrong with us loony lot.
Great looking car, what problems do you have? Search in the bar above for any technical support were all here to help.
No matter how old the post is if your unsure of anything just post and someone will get back to you…we are much more “live” and responsive than other forums so ask away.
Dave…smokin :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Nice looking motor that is :sunglasses:

As the nut job said above , any questions just ask away we are here to help

Craig :grinning:

4 Likes

Welcome along! Nice motor. What’s the teething problems?

2 Likes

I happen to be having a little drink…watching miss spears on j Ross…ops I did it again.

2 Likes

Another blue one , how meny blue GTO’s are out there ? :confused:

2 Likes

Too many now think @CDMH is getting them sprayed

4 Likes

Welcome to the club.
I’m originally from Huntingdon. Live in bedford now but visit family there quite regularly.
There is also a couple on here that live in Huntingdon with 2 gto/gt
Jensen

3 Likes

I think I know where the guy lives has a red and blue one? Hoping to bump into him soon haha!

2 Likes

Starting up: it’s had the Hotwire done as I went to do this and realised all the wiring is there. Just struggles to start because of the “vapour lock” I guess? Also noticed the engine light comes on sometimes first thing when cold. I did notice a ht lead was not on properly so I pushed that back on and has only done this once since so I turned the car off and restarted and it went away. Whilst the light was on was like it was like it was a cylinder down as was really lumpy.

Also when I start it I hear a sound coming from back of the car inside almost like it’s all the vapour in the tank for a few seconds then it goes away? Is this normal?

Any help appreciated cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the club as everyone has already said a real good bunch of people - I refer this club to more care in the community! :grinning: :grinning:

James

3 Likes

That’s mick and skippy, they don’t come on here much but are very meat active, I’m sure you will bump into them🖒

2 Likes

Our cars do suffer with hot start problems, is it doing it when restated from hot or after left a while? This can be heat soak ( I had that but got round it with vented bonnet and fan timer)
As for the rear noise could it not just be the fuel pump? What does it sound like.
Cheers dave

“MEAT active”?? Keep your weekend activities to yourself Dave!! :wink:

As Dave said hot start issues are common. It is apparently due to the fuel in the rail getting heat soaked while sitting still on a hot engine. If it happens around 20 minutes after turning off and lasts for around 15-20 seconds then its that.

And welcome to the club.

3 Likes

Welcome to gtouk, good looking car looks like oz superlegeras , got them on mine.
You sold get any info you need to sort any issues on the car, good luck with it Jerry

3 Likes

Loving the seats!

1 Like

was it you I saw at the BP roundabout Huntingdon
I was in the red one

Yeah!! :+1:t2: You waved? That was a couple of Saturdays ago the day I got it :slight_smile: