Newbie in the midlands

Hi all, just purchased my very first gto yesterday and love it so far.

Was always my childhood dream car; live in Derbyshire and travelled all the way to Torquay to buy it :-).

She is a 1995 gto mr tt? With 65k on the clock and is very tidy to be honest, most I viewed had been abused or had lots of niggly faults.

Anyway hope to be active in the forum and I’m sure I will have many questions haha, already fixed something on her before I’ve even been for a drive lol

6 Likes

Hello and Welcome to GTOUK @jubby24 lots of knowledge, information and activities here regarding our cars, enjoy the trip and post up plenty of pictures it’s a must :wink: :+1:
And here is our FB page Redirecting... :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi bud welcome, hope to see you at a meet sometime soon check out full membership and also posts about meets, the club is full of knowledge and information not forgetting the help of others :+1:.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hi and welcome to GTOUK , nice looking motor you have there

Craig :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the club, thanks @spiros for providing the Facebook link :+1:
Lovely lookin car, enjoy.

Dave

2 Likes

Welcome buddy
Fletch

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @jubby24
Car looks nice.
Jensen

2 Likes

Hi and welcome,gotta love a 95MR :grin:

2 Likes

Hi matey,

Welcome to GTOUK, make sure you can get to the meets next season, best way to gain knowledge and meet some amazing guys.

Steve

1 Like

Hello there , I’m from nottingham so only 30min down the road

2 Likes

Welcome to the club

Look after the wheels as you cannot get replacements for Lenso GM’s now as they are a discontinued wheel

Cheers Rob

1 Like

Welcome along mate, have you checked the cam-belt and its ancillaries, this needs to be checked asap as the damage a ‘sheet’ belt can cause is astronomical. Yes, I have been rained off work!!!

Nice car too.

Terry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey, I’m near Derby if you need anything.

Cool looking car :sunglasses:

1 Like

welcome aboard, have fun with your gto, Mr is a good spec.

1 Like

All done with few other bits middle of last year with a £1200 invoice😥

Thank you for all the welcomes guys, going to try and make some 're for the forum but work is so hectic atm, really hope to get to some meets and meet everybody.

I searched a lot of gto’s and tbh most were shall we say “well used” I paid quite a lot for this one but it seems a gem and nothing has been messed with or changed other than the wheels, which if I’m honest aren’t to my taste so will be changed; I’d like to get the factory option bbs rims on but can’t seem to find any atm.

So far I’m happy as a pig in…mud?? This was my childhood dream car and I’m now 31 so I thought it’s now or never:slight_smile:

Anyway I’m sure I will be making a few posts soon with various questions :slight_smile:

P.s. I’ve always had fwd cars and the way this puts the power down in the wet is unreal! I’ve been missing out all these years haha

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I plan to have lots of fun, it was my childhood dream car, viewed a fair few “well used” ones and I was desperate to buy one so it was really hard to walk away, but glad I did as I think I’ve found a good one :slight_smile:

1 Like

That colour has grown on me over the years Your Car looks classy :sunglasses: