Newbie With GTO for breaking

hi I’m new to the forum

a little about me, i normally break hondas in my spare time nothing big, i just hate to see cars get crushed that have so many parts to offer, recently i got offered the chance by a friend of a friend to purchase a GTO twin turbo before it was weighed in for scrap, rather than joining and simply posting a for sale advert i thought id introduce myself and the car first

the car: GTO twin turbo 91 in red, basically car had a full engine rebuild around 4 years ago at the cost of 4.5k! (the previous owner is forwarding me the paperwork so i can get exact dates/millage and who built it) it had done under 2000miles then went into the garage for a fuel leak at the tank and some other pieces, the garaged then proceeded to hack parts off the car, fuel lines, tank pump etc, then it sat there unmoved until about two weeks ago where it was brought back and i purchased it.

Iv had a temp fuel pump and supply hooked up and to my surprise it started first turn of the key and it runs well.

condition wise the interior is poor, as is the exterior paintwork(no damage just laquar peel from sitting outside) its not worth putting back on the road,
engine wise is spot on (credit to the engine build), it also has some nice upgrades fitted,
baileys dump valve
tuned ecu
k&n induction kit
alloy pipes
full stainless steel exhaust

im unsure of values etc but make me a fair offer id rather parts go to someone that allows them to keep there gto on the road

i plan to put up a proper for sale add once i have all the paper work/invoices for the work thats been carried out

I have seen much worse than that restored and put back on the road…

Some one buy it and save it from the crusher please

Agreed!!
Should we be worried that the OP’s has left the ‘T’ off the end of what I assume should be ‘Robert’ in his name and has effectively called himself Robber Wilson?.. :sweat_smile:

now i relies why i never got a welcome email! not a good start lol

i honestly don’t think its worth putting back on the road, besides its been sitting for a long period of time,the lack of fuel tank/pipework, interior is in poor condition and the forklift they used to push it onto the trailer burst open the spare wheel well

although im sure many parts off it will keep many other GTO on the road

Hi Robert you have a pm

Steve

I am interested in a few bits as well Robert. A well written and worthy post. I hope your acquisition serves well to keep many of us going.
You have a pm.

Mike

thanks for the reply guys, I’m in the process of speaking with stevie to allow me to sell on the forum once i get the okay from him ill post an advert in the correct section and take it from there

3 Likes

Hi @robertwilson33

This is because your email address was misspelt on sign up - I have now corrected it to add in the missing t in robert

I have also processed your full-membership.

You should now be able to view all the extra full-member content and create a thread in the classifieds section.

EDIT: I can see you have, here is a link:
Breaking GTO Twin Turbo MK1 Red Import