Scottish Meet - Duthie Park Aberdeen

Ok,

Does anyone have ideas for any future Scottish meets / proposed dates?
I would like another Aberdeen meet like last year.
http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29663&highlight=aberdeen+meet

I have also been invited back to the Fraserburgh classic car show, which myself & Markdas attended last year.

Please add your name, suggested venue & dates.

Ewan - Aberdeen - Late May?

Cheers
Ewan

im defo up for a meet in aberdeen. im free most weekends so not too fussed but end of may sounds good. :smiley:

cheers
john

Im up for this sounds damn good and im home on the 22nd may what about that weekend? im also back up at inverurie for a course on 14th-17th may
Mo

I hope the remaining bits of my car show up soon then, don’t want to miss another meet…

Hope so chris be good to see ya again,by the way fitted the rear of the two turbos mate it was spot on,still got the front to do though :roll:
Mo

Not sure on this 1 yet ewan ( i’ll let you no nearer the time )

Car still in a few pieces and when i get time to put it all together again i need to take it for MOT and hope all is ok so maybe if im lucky around about the middle to end of may i should be ok ( i hope )

John

More constructively this time, I’m not fussed on time or place, just as long as I get to go driving, so Aberdeen is fine with me.

Well done Ewan for suggesting this…I am getting lazy in my organising duties!

In May already there are the following things!

16th - Track day at Japfest Castle Coombe
17th - Japfest openday itself

25th - Crail thrashday - could be good for less busy 1/4 runs

Im back on the 14th May and am driving to JapFest on Friday 16th so if anybody is interested we could convoy to that too but I know its a long way for a one day event (but I cannot make JAE this year).

I can make Saturday 24th or 31st if thats anygood

There are also some events on at Knockhill in June ie

Truckmania 1st June and

Classic Speedfair 8th June and also another Crail Thrash day 8th June.

I also need to get my car sorted still…its hesitating like hell, no fault codes, will try changing fuel filter when Im back but no ideas from my posts on here yet?

However a Scottish meet will be a great idea!

Regards

Mark

im up for one at the end of may. hopefully going to rscs on the 10th/11th if we can get enough cars for a stand on clanjapan.
also 4th May Classic Car Show The Museum Of Rural Life, East Kilbride

So what date would be your preference then Scott 24/25 31/01 June. Shall we meet in Aberdeen again…Duthie Park where we did the first one a year or so ago?

We can meet there, I will work out a small route to take a blast, maybe heading South via the road to Braemar for example, stop for lunch and then we can carry on but split at an agreed point so teh Aberdeen cars can head home north and you guys head home south?

Cheers

Mark

is it better having a meet on the sat. or sunday mark :? duthie parks a good meet place and the roads should be quieter on a sunday morning(until we rumble into town) :lol:
might be better the start of june ,if your planning going to crail.

scott

[quote]im up for one at the end of may. hopefully going to rscs on the 10th/11th if we can get enough cars for a stand on clanjapan.
also 4th May Classic Car Show The Museum Of Rural Life, East Kilbride[/quote]

scott my cars booked in for that one dyou want to come over to mine and grab a brew then go over together?
mo

:oops: Can i go in this :oops:

Needed something a bit bigger while the gto is off the road so i said what the hell, its bigger and plenty room.

John

[quote]So what date would be your preference then Scott 24/25 31/01 June. Shall we meet in Aberdeen again…Duthie Park where we did the first one a year or so ago?

We can meet there, I will work out a small route to take a blast, maybe heading South via the road to Braemar for example, stop for lunch and then we can carry on but split at an agreed point so teh Aberdeen cars can head home north and you guys head home south?

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

24th/25th sounds good to me :smiley:

I think a run south on the Braemar road, with a nice stop for lunch would be good, say down towards Perth then all head home? I think there are plenty of Crail days, so we could have another one a bit later in the year??

Ewan

[quote]:oops: Can i go in this :oops:

Needed something a bit bigger while the gto is off the road so i said what the hell, its bigger and plenty room.

John[/quote]

Yeh,

Why not… Can it take a Gazebo & BBQ :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get the GTO going soon.

Ewan

[quote]

[quote]im up for one at the end of may. hopefully going to rscs on the 10th/11th if we can get enough cars for a stand on clanjapan.
also 4th May Classic Car Show The Museum Of Rural Life, East Kilbride[/quote]

scott my cars booked in for that one dyou want to come over to mine and grab a brew then go over together?
mo[/quote]

sounds good mo :wink: how do you book a place :?

Guys, 25th is fine with me,

My car isn’t ready for Crail again yet, 3rd gear still a pain in the ass so waiting to get the box changed maybe in June/July!

How about we think about meeting at 10 -10.30 at Duthie Park in Aberdeen?

Mark

yep cool i’ll be there :smiley:

[quote]Guys, 25th is fine with me,

My car isn’t ready for Crail again yet, 3rd gear still a pain in the ass so waiting to get the box changed maybe in June/July!

How about we think about meeting at 10 -10.30 at Duthie Park in Aberdeen?

Mark[/quote]

Cool,

First post edited to show time and date :smiley:

Ewan

■■■■■■ hell, looking back only a year and its like your kids growing up…all the cars look so differant … Mine has no decals, bonnet blisters and its clean, Andy has a standard rear wing and not the landing pad thats on there now, Scotts white one is no more…Ewan, yours looks similar…all your work has been under the bonnet!

Good day out, we will be lucky to get another day so sunny!!!

Mark