Yet another newbie

Here it is then, better late than never.

6 Likes

Those are the wheels the were an oe fit on mr cars, have some spare sets if anyone fancies them.

2 Likes

Strangely the alloys are one of my issues with the car - nothing that a good clean wouldnā€™t solve, but at 17 inches they just arenā€™t big enough.

My street has some vicious sleeping policemen upon which the exhaust centre sections currently scrape, so Iā€™d be looking for 18s with the same profile tyre to eliminate scraping and fill out the arches a little better. Not only that, I just donā€™t like BBS alloys at all; they remind me too much of old Fords.

I thought when you change to 18ā€™s and fit low profile tyres, the actual height of the car stays the same, the rolling road diameter or circumference doesnā€™t change so the speedo reading stays the same.
Could be entirely wrong here so someone will give us both advice :joy: :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

Thatā€™s most likely the case, but the intention would be to fit 18 inch alloys with the same profile as the tyres on the BBS alloys.

45% profile on 18 inch alloys would make the car ā€œtallerā€ than 45% profile on 17 inch alloys - at least, I think thatā€™s how itā€™d work!

Iā€™m glad you mentioned the speedo though, as mine is calibrated somewhere in between mph and kph anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are right Terry, whatever size of wheel and tyre combo you have will give very similar outer circumstance, not exact but very close for speed readings. Thatā€™s normal anyway.
Don,t know of anyone who has upped the wheel size and stayed or raised the tyre height, might not clear the arches etc
Std spring height you should be OK with most road bumps etc, when you get to lowering springs and coil overs, depending on set up, you drop the car, need l say more

1 Like