1997Mitsubishi GTO 63K; RARE 6 speed manual - for Sale/Break

OMG - I JUST POSTED an essay of a message looked at it in preview…went back to edit - where on earth did it go!!! Now I have to start again! - been doing this for an hour - moderators you have a problem here - actually - probably my ineptitude on the computer - at 4 am! :stuck_out_tongue: ?

the car is a 1997 GTO import - non turbo - I bought it as A4 grade - it has done just 63000 miles and runs as smooth as you like (needs a new fuel pump).
when i first bought it - i thought it was a twin turbo - it is not - but has all the sz kit - whale tail etc.

This was just before the modal reports came in and the kind people who were doing the vosa test stole the mass air flow meter - which i did not know at the time and it kept “just” failing the emmissions test.!!!

Time then passed and i had no option to store it for the remaining term until it was 10 years old and then i could give it a standard MOT and then register it.

However, I have been doing a restoration on my house Over the last 2 years and it has been left - it is now outside my house and up for sale - The initial problem 2 years ago was the fuel pump rusted - i replaced it worked a treat - however i did not fill enough fuel in tank and i think after another 10 months ON MY DRIVE AS I NO LONGER HAVE A GARAGE _ BUT A " STOREY PROPERTY - this one may have stopped;( I charged the battery and it cranks fine - but i cant hear the pump so may need a new one . It had a brand new clutch and cat1 alarm fitted - the interior is immaculate leather and it comes with GTO wheels - although I have some YOKOHAMA super advan 2 - 3 spokes that were on it if interested these are very rare (note I already have an offer of 400 for the wheels - which is under consideration).

anyone can come and check it - get it looked over by a mechanic etc it is fine - although i think you would need a new exhaust and maybe new rubbers on the shocks ( so may need to spend 5-700 - maybe less - depends on how big an exhaust you want on it!) - apart from that not a lot. I want around 2 grand or i will break it - the car must be worth 4500- 5000 done up thats what my jap dealers tell me - but i need it off my land as i need to redo my drive . -i have all papers etc. any questions email me

this is totally genuine It originally cost 6800 from auction and had 750 spent on alarm and vosa requirements etc…

if you are interested or in parts then let me know ( engine 5-600; gearbox 450 - 500; wheels 400 etc - the car is basically up for less than the sum of the spare parts I want 1800-2200ono - you can get it checked by a mechanic etc - but if it isnt sold my end of FEB - its broken and scrapped! Shame as someone could enjoy a great car and or make a couple of grand - genuinely!

I truly hope someone takes it on - you will have a car worth far more than youve paid!

Any questions call me on (moderator if my number is not allowed - please remove it) 07428702814 OR PM me - I Live near HAVANT in HAMPSHIRE - and I know a lot of the guys meet around this area;)

IT is black and i will try to post some phots when I have worked it out on here hoe to do it - or mail me and I will email them to you - it is a lovelly looking car!

[quote]OMG - I JUST POSTED an essay of a message looked at it in preview…went back to edit - where on earth did it go!!! Now I have to start again! - been doing this for an hour - moderators you have a problem here - actually - probably my ineptitude on the computer - at 4 am! :stuck_out_tongue: ?
[/quote]

your not the only one this has happened to! on several forums i might add, not just this one! i think it is some kind of inactivity timeout! now i copy the text prior to moving off the page! LOL

good luck with the sale!

Paul

http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24810

This is the beast :twisted:

By the way the advans have an "INTERNAL BLUE INSERT WITH STUDS INSIDE THE RIM - LOOKS PREETY COOl.

Also for the price i am asking you would get the car - as is with super advans, and a spare set of 4 original gto wheels as well - i Just (unfortunately) need the space :?

Hardly a “beast” :lol: :lol:

Right - I have had offer of 1100 from dealer that’s the car superadvan wheels and set of 4 gto wheels - anyone want to make offer on car and all wheels or each set of wheels - I have 1 week when he will pay and take it away - this is ridiculous and sad -easy 2 -3 grand profit - but I need the space! Any serious enquiries 07428 702814

It’s a sad day when these cars fetch nothing, sorry mate it will never be with 5k I tried selling my sr which is immaculate fully taxed and tested and I could not get £1200. I decided to store the car rather than let it go to someone at that price!!

It’s a sad day when these cars fetch nothing, sorry mate it will never be with 5k I tried selling my sr which is immaculate fully taxed and tested and I could not get £1200. I decided to store the car rather than let it go to someone at that price!!

This is now sold :wink:

Oh no staff

not another thats fallen into the 2 GTO brigade :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats if you have

Craig :slight_smile: