1st GTO quick hello

Hi guys and gals. First of all thanx for having me. I have finally after many years brought the car of my dreams a mk1 3.0 with twins :wink: brief hi before I start reading and trying to sort out a few problems. Does anyone know a mk1 C12 GTO?

5 Likes

4 Likes

Welcome to GTOUK I’m sure more will pop on and say hi soon…
Car looks great mate :+1:

N/A Dave

Welcome to the club. For all future noobs this is how you do it. Post up pictures BEFORE we have to ask you. :rofl:

Sure I have seen that around before. One of the older members might have a better idea. If not try Rob at Evil Empire. He knows just about every car in the country (and some out of it).

I saw your post about needing a new bonnet and now from the pictures i see why. Bare in mind that as it is red it will almost certainly need a respray to match the rest of your car so if one comes up in another colour it won’t make much difference. Or if you didnt want to pay someone to spray the bonnet you could always wrap it to make it purposely different colour. Carbon Wrap for example. Just a couple of ideas…

Thanx , needs some tlc but she’s beautiful in every way lol I’ve got enough for a proper respray and wheels. Got a few bits and pieces to sort out 1st. Would u know why my car runs silly rich? Prop posted in wrong section

Stick a post up in the tech section and we can chat in there. There are a number of reasons this could happen.

I’ll do that after work. Got a lambda sensor ready to go in tonight. Thanx lads

Just seen you have an aftermarket ECU too. Be careful with the new lamda. If its not the same as the one you are taking out then it will need to be scaled in the ECU. Chat later on your Tech Help thread.

Been racking my brains tom where I’ve seen that plate , I’ve even been through some old posts looking for it , I’m sure I’ve seen it at a meet

1 Like

Ben collerring any bells? Has an old group sticker , after some history about it if poss

Ben collet/ Conner?

Is that the Ben that came over to see us at JAE a couple of years ago, I’ll check and see if I have a photo.

Welcome by the way, Mk1’s always look the best I say :grin:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Totally agree :slight_smile:

If it’s this ben your thinking of terry (came over from extreme bhp after feeling black sheeped :rofl: ) then no :wink: J284 LPX is still sat at home feeling sorry for herself, but the lovely wife did buy me a clutch and flywheel at Xmas :laughing:

1 Like