the seat belt date is a good start they have a date stamp on then mm/yy

the other is the VIN

1994 z15a 00 0001 number of car that year
1995 z15a 01
1996 z15a 02
1997 z15a 03
1998 z15a 04
1999 z15a 05

I am not sure the year is jan to dec so I guess some 1993 may be 00 and some 1999 could be 06

Simon[/quote]

Just to comment on the 1999 spec but mine is a 1999 on a Z16A to which are extremely rare - maybe a handful ever built but I have one of them :slight_smile:

[quote]

[quote]easy on a gto to find the year

the seat belt date is a good start they have a date stamp on then mm/yy

the other is the VIN

1994 z15a 00 0001 number of car that year
1995 z15a 01
1996 z15a 02
1997 z15a 03
1998 z15a 04
1999 z15a 05

I am not sure the year is jan to dec so I guess some 1993 may be 00 and some 1999 could be 06

Simon[/quote]

Just to comment on the 1999 spec but mine is a 1999 on a Z16A to which are extremely rare - maybe a handful ever built but I have one of them :)[/quote]

Less than 400 Mk4’s were ever built and it seems that a high percentage were NON turbo’s

Mitsubishi basically built the MK4 to customers specs as there seems be various versions including Z15A and Z16A versions, with and without the usual gadgets…

So as i said to you dont paint it !!!..lol

Cheers Rob

Its strange how the once budget editions now command a higher price due to the “lightweight edition” tag they now hold.
The same can be found in the prelude circles, ie the BB4 was just a version minus the 4ws, now referred to as the lightweight edition, when in reality it was a base vtec model with no optional extras pre installed.

I’d be interested to know what MR means if its not Mitsubishi Racing? As it is usually associated with Mitsubishi’s more sporting models in the Evo circles.

[quote]

Just to comment on the 1999 spec but mine is a 1999 on a Z16A to which are extremely rare - maybe a handful ever built but I have one of them :slight_smile:

Less than 400 Mk4’s were ever built and it seems that a high percentage were NON turbo’s

Mitsubishi basically built the MK4 to customers specs as there seems be various versions including Z15A and Z16A versions, with and without the usual gadgets…

So as i said to you dont paint it !!!..lol

Cheers Rob[/quote]

HI Rob and good to hear from you. Just a few more little things to do before its off to the bodyshop for a respray. Going to keep it the same colour but perhaps with a little subtle sparkle to it :wink:

So bottom line, was the LM an official version, and if so, what did LM stand for (Le Mans, LeMon?), what were the specs, and when were they produced?

While we are at it, what does MR stand for if not for Mitsubishi Racing?

[quote]So bottom line, was the LM an official version, and if so, what did LM stand for (Le Mans, LeMon?), what were the specs, and when were they produced?

While we are at it, what does MR stand for if not for Mitsubishi Racing?[/quote]

I have never heard of an LM GTO. I can now start the myth though. LM stands for Lightweight Mitsubishi and was even lighter than the MR - which is the male version of the GTO!

James

Thanks, we were running low on good GTO myths.

[quote]So bottom line, was the LM an official version, and if so, what did LM stand for (Le Mans, LeMon?), what were the specs, and when were they produced?

While we are at it, what does MR stand for if not for Mitsubishi Racing?[/quote]

[size=24]MR= “Mostly Removed”[/size]

Runs and hides !!!

This is definitely generating some interest, although I have removed the LM Edition from the title. It would appear to be incorrect.

Some very interesting info flying around though :slight_smile:

[quote]This is definitely generating some interest, although I have removed the LM Edition from the title. It would appear to be incorrect.

Some very interesting info flying around though :)[/quote]

Are you just going to tease us? How about sharing.

[quote]

I have never heard of an LM GTO. I can now start the myth though. LM stands for Lightweight Mitsubishi and was even lighter than the MR - which is the male version of the GTO!

James[/quote]

LM = Less Meat or Lags More