2001 gto mr

A very good friend of mine is selling his ‘no expense spared’ 2001 GTO MR. This car is as rare as rocking horse ■■■!!

He has asked me to promote the car here in the UK as it is RHD and he lives in Seville in Spain and there is not a great deal of interest over there due to them driving on the wrong side of the road :wink:

His original link is here:
http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/197567694.htm

Roughly (very roughly) translated, it is:

2001 Mitsubishi GTO MR LM Edition??? (specially prepared Z15 with mk3 body)
90,000km
6 speed Manual
All paper work is 100% genuine (although in French)
Directly imported from Nagoya
+400bhp
Engine restored by the owner (many photographs available)
Greddy FMIC
Greddy SSQV III
Blitz SBC i-D boost controller
Large brake kit
Uprated shocks (XYZ???)
‘Lambo’ style doors
Large radiator
Double oil cooler
180km/h limit removed

The car is up for 22,000€ (£19,450) but he would accept 18,000€ (£15,900) if you were to collect it from southern Spain (which would be a FANTASTIC drive!!)

I am in quite frequent contact with Yves so if you have any enquiries about the car, please let me know or contact him on [email protected]

Staff

I don’t claim to know everything about these cars, but shouldn’t it have a 99 front end? Or did he swap them out?

This is a real GTO MR LM Edition 05/2001 directly imported from Nagoya :wink:

That’s what I thought when Yves was first explaining it to me but sure enough, it’s got Mk3 styling. For me, that’s a good thing as I’m not a fan of the Mk4 rear spoiler but a shame about the front end. Although the Mk3 front is actually rarer than the Mk4 front these days as there are quite a few conversions around these days.

Thanks Olivier, I’ll update the advert. Are you on the FR fourm? Do you know of this car? It belongs to Y@P

Staff

[quote]

Thanks Olivier, I’ll update the advert. Are you on the FR fourm? Do you know of this car? It belongs to Y@P

Staff[/quote]

Yes I’m from the French forum, I’ve just followed the ads when Saf68 has imported & sold this car to Yap :wink:

Never heard of the LM edition. What all was unique about that? What does LM stand for?

LM last made! very nice!!

Tony

Wow what a special car to own, still waiting to see who has the first. :smiley:

Neil.

[quote]LM last made! very nice!!

Tony[/quote]

Is that true Tony, or am I being exceptionally gullable?? :oops: :oops: :lol:

[quote]

[quote]LM last made! very nice!!

Tony[/quote]

Is that true Tony, or am I being exceptionally gullable?? :oops: :oops: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: tony

Hi Stafford…

Any chance of a Vin number by PM to find the build date??

Cheers Rob

PM sent

I have it…

Will PM you details shortly

Cheers Rob

[quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: tony[/quote]

:oops:

Nice one Rob and Olivier, can you make sure that Yves gets this information in case he doesn’t already have it please? And I would be interested to know too :slight_smile:

16k :shock: realy ? claiming over 400 with just a boost controller ? i must be missing something here sorry look forward to some more info on this

The car come off the production line on the 02/03/1997

Is a Basic Build IE:

No Rear Wheel Steer
No Cruise Control
No ABS

YES!!! MR’s are budget GTO’s not a mythical Mitsubishi Racing Version…
They were Around £5-7K cheaper than a full fat Normal one !!

Taking nothing away from the car our friend above has built…

Cheers Rob

easy on a gto to find the year

the seat belt date is a good start they have a date stamp on then mm/yy

the other is the VIN

1994 z15a 00 0001 number of car that year
1995 z15a 01
1996 z15a 02
1997 z15a 03
1998 z15a 04
1999 z15a 05

I am not sure the year is jan to dec so I guess some 1993 may be 00 and some 1999 could be 06

Simon

easy way to tell the age of a gt is weigh it
they lose around 2 kg per yr obviously this increase rapidly as the years tick by
so a 99 is around 1400kgs
and in comparison a 91 is now about 140 kgs a proper light weight although heady speeds are very very quickl achived handling on the other hand is a trifle sprightly as nothing is conected to the coresponding componets anymore :wink:

Does that include the wooden board mod :lol: :shock: :roll:

Simon

whats that si you have wooden floorboards over the big hole in your floor pan :? ide have kept that on the low mate. big up si for being honest :smiley: