A very sad farewell

Well in the short time of been on here you’ve all been great, so a big thank you to all the members and evil rob.

I have for sale my mk2 gto n/a auto.

This car use to belong to my mum which was the last thing my gran bought for her, so there’s a lot of history.

The car failed it’s mot I’ve been working my way through the list and all that’s left is track rod ends and brake lines.

However whilst doing the work the engine went major big end knock , I checked and has indeed ground a shell to dust. I managed to source what was advertised as a mk2 engine and box. Sadly when I got it home it wasn’t a mk2 but a mk1 and the idler for the timing belt and water pump were ■■■■■■. The seller won’t return my calls so if you can see this John from selby with your red twin turbo your a ****** and I hope karma bites you in the Arse.

Ok back to the sale of my car, the engine is out of the vehicle, and I have a mk1 engine and box aswell as. Im due to be a daddy any day now and was rather hoping I’d would have put the new engine in. Seen as I’ll have neither time nor money I have to get shut.

Long story short I need to get rid it’s cost me too much with no progress, as I’m doing all the work on my drive I can’t break the engines down to make a good one.

it’s been an absolute pleasure dealing with everyone (apart from John in selby toss pot)

Here are some pics of my vehicle open to all offers would have to be trailered away with either a winch or some strong blokes to push it on.

If by some miracle I get my money back for the miss-sold engine and find a mk2 engine I may remove the add.

Feel free to ask any questions I’ll answer them all as honestly as possible.

Thanks again

Jamie

1 Like

Sorry to hear it mate, sounds like you’ve had some bad luck there

2 Likes

Yeah went a bit Pete tongue and only really got worse after that lol

That’s a shame mate , unfortunately sometimes we get bit on the arse , I know I have many times .

Good luck either way with the sale or money back from the engine , either way I hope it hasn’t soured your experience of the GTO/GT too much and we might see you back one day with a less troublesome motor if it does sell

Regards

Craig :grinning:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a bad time.
I’ll look in to seeing if he is a member here. Can you pm me his details that you have please.

Sorry to see you having to sell up but I must also add congratulations for becoming a dad soon
,kids are so much more important than cars :slight_smile:
Hopefully you find a buyer soon.

3 Likes

Thanks Craig and Steve, crossing my fingers it gets sorted, I’d love to put it back on the road. If not it’s been a great experience I’ve been a member of various owners clubs over the years, this has easily been the best.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this but as I always say family first and being your first one on the way don’t let this get you down, if you break it which will be a shame you can get a lot of the money back tbh but it’s hard work and with family on the way probably best let it go in one piece.
Good luck mate and congratulations on your first arrival when it gets here 🖒
Dave :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Dave it really has been a pleasure, I was hoping to have it on the road before he arrived, even tested the baby seat in it, had all these far flung dreams of dropping him off at school in it and his mates being in awe. Sadly not but you never know stranger things have happened.

Thanks again for everyone’s support!

Oh and he’s due on Sunday which would be perfect timing as its Father’s Day :grin:

4 Likes

Things can only get better, good luck !

1 Like