Attention AOL users!

Those of you who use AOL may find that you are not receiving certain automated emails from the bulletin board system. These will typically be activation e-mails that contain a link you need to click on in order to activate your account when first registering or changing your e-mail address in your profile, and things like private message notifications or new message notifications.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this as AOL have implemented a policy that blocks e-mails from many sources in order to try and cut down on the amount of spam that their mail servers process. This policy unfortunately also blocks legitimate e-mails such as those that the bulletin board system on this site sends you.

You have two options:

1. Complain to AOL until you are blue in the face
  2. Sign up for a Hotmail account (http://www.hotmail.com) and use this as your e-mail address

The second option is probably the easiest!

Paul

This is getting really bad - they are blocking all e-mails from the forum now, you ought to see how many bounces I get every day. I’ve had to set up a special rule in Outlook to filter them into a separate folder.

Anyway, if you have recently signed up and can’t access the board because you never got your activation e-mail, drop me an e-mail and I will activate you.

Paul