Bad quote

I got a quote for £1500 from Adrian Flux on 2000 miles a year i have over 12years ncb performance uk only charged me £250 fully comp. WTF

1 Like

That’s wild, is your’s extensively modified?

I’m currently with Haggerty, for 300 quid. My insured car value is low, but maybe worth taking a look at them for a quote.

1 Like

2 Likes

No its standard couldent understand it

I thought I was the only one , they’ve quoted me 4.5k for next year for a stock car on a 3000 mile year policy . If fact I’ve not been able to source a cheaper quote yet…

1 Like

Performance uk was cheepest for me

1 Like

Hello,
Have you made sure you call through the owners club/forum line - 0800 916 1292. If you have any other issues let me know and I can take a look into it if you haven’t gone elsewhere already.
Thanks,
Dan

3 Likes

WHAT! Mine is with adrian flux sister company sterling 165 pounds! I wil let you onow what it is this year when i get it.

1 Like

just renewed mine with adrian flux £242 with breakdown cover…standard 3000gt and 10 years no claims.wife as named driver and 7000 miles a year
rik

1 Like

No, I fail to understand the wild range in premium quotes either. It’s not fair, particularly on those like Tom98GTOSR.
Is it because of the area where you live maybe? I’m sorry, that premium puts people off even thinking about owning one of these cars. Keep searching Tom (and others, also being robbed), and good luck.
My premium was actually less than Lara’s, based on fully comp, 3k limit per annum.

Mike

2 Likes

I live in a realy good area i have had cosworth, skyline gtr, subaru GTB twin turbo, Supra twin turbo. So can not be because im not used to cars 1000 miles max a year due to me having a e38 v8 as a weakend car and electric vivaro for daily. It just makes no sense

It really doesnt i am 3k a year on Gerti, to be fair i am in a very good area also. I hope you get it sorted x

2 Likes

Yep performance uk was only 250 fully comp

2 Likes

Just got an invitation for renewal from Admrial…for 1.8k the exact same poloicy 1 week ago was 4.5k Insurance companies seem to just be making their prices up at this point…

1 Like

They don’t charge what they need, just what they want.

1 Like

So using the 28 day rule sterling just insured Gerti for £162 gor the year fully comp. Maybe being a girl has some benefits??

3 Likes

I have just insured my heavily modified GTO-TT (no no claims) and heavily modified Mk2 Golf 16vG60 (2 years no claims) for £451 with Adrian Flux Multi-car.

Principal wanted over £700 for both on seperate policies!.

3 Likes

Welcome back keith glad you got the bug again!
Jerry

Thanks Jerry, my wife has been hinting at selling it so I though it’s time to get it back on the road again (and keep it!).

My daughter wouldn’t speak to me again if I sold it :laughing: .

You forget how good these cars are, be nice to drive the GTO again!.

2 Likes