Big thanks for help on a headache issue with my car

Hi,

Just want to thank @Beanus for helping me sort the timing on my car today, this problem has been annoying me all year (although it was only a couple of journeys).

So thanks so much for helping and getting a timing light.

Cheers,
Neil.

5 Likes

Top man @Beanus.

Good to see the club spirit has been alive and well this weekend

Craig :slight_smile:

2 Likes

here here and long may it continue

4 Likes

Mazing what you can do with some wire and a timing light really. Sorry you wasted money on tippex. Lol

1 Like

You short the little connector out behind the battery then put the strobe on it ?

Craig :slightly_smiling:

Yeah I said today, it would have been good to do a few photos today to show others how to do this.

Cheers,
Neil.

Need to make sure you earth out pin 10 on the diag port and the little brown connector behind the battery. Next, adjust the revs to 700 plus or minus 50. Bang the timing light on cylinder number one then adjust the CAS until you can read 5 dehrees plus or minus three degrees. After you do that you can take the earths off, the revs will jump a bit and the timing will jump to around 15 degrees BTDC. Boom done.

2 Likes

Yeah remember seeing mine done while it was pulling dyno runs when the map ecu was being setup

Craig :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

And more importantly it doesn’t hunt anymore. I did a quick timing light lookie before I started and the base timing was 25 - 30 degrees BTDC. Wayyyyyyyy out and I’m surprised it ran at all. Lol

3 Likes