Birthday Bash Thank You

Back from a great weekend at the Birthday Bash and this really did demonstrate the Club spirit and how well we all pull together.

The event was a total success I’m sure those who went will agree, but what really stood out for me was how the members got on board with the organisation beforehand on the forum and then during the event. It wasn’t just left to the one person it was a team effort, and it worked so well.

@jamesta1982 was an excellent chef so thanks for that, considering this was your first camp that was pretty amazing and your burgers were to die for.

Everyone chipped in with sharing food they’d brought and cooking, cleaning up and creating fun.

So in summary, my Thank You is to you, the members who went, and made this such a great meet.

On a more personal note Tracie and I would like to thank @ScottMR who after a 12 hour shift at work stayed up on Friday to take delivery of our online shopping and very kindly brought it to site, we’d never have fitted that much beer in the car :joy::joy: but then again the hangover on Saturday might not have been so bad​:wink:.

Great to meet a couple of new people this year, hope you enjoyed it and haven’t been scared off :wink:

Hope everyone had a great time, roll on JAE.

Steve

14 Likes

Well put @stevie,the whole thing from where i was sitting looked like a logistic nightmare preplanned by the sas,look closer and you see it wasnt,it was just a bunch of unselfish people enjoying themselves and helping everybody else do the same…ive got a tent

5 Likes

Completely agree it was great fun. Can’t wait for JAE am already thinking if I can get a small pig and do a BBQ hog roast - if it fits in the Car!

Thanks to all those who organised the even.

James

5 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks to bex and carpboy for the spuds.

3 Likes

After a lot of you had left. one of the people who run the place came over and said what a wonderful car event we had. Nobody doing do-nuts or racing about as they have had before with other car clubs. He said the owner actually went past on Saturday whilst the football was being played and he commented on it being a lovely family atmosphere. Thanks to all who came and to the organisers. See you at JAE.

8 Likes

It was a great team spirit mine and annas first bb, hope we didn’t over do it😄
Great news the comments from the site even this chap had a look round this morning, I asked him what he wanted his reply
" some $## has been keeping us up till 3am, so I thought I would pay you a visit and scared the ■■■■ out of you this morning, any beer left? "

6 Likes

Thank you to everyone who came along and thanks for the support, it was great to see so many people getting involved. We had such a laugh and it was nice to hear from the organisers saying they wished they had more car clubs like ours.

Cheers,
Neil.