Brize Norton RWYB Day- Updated with application form

Anyone booked yet???

Dave

[quote]Anyone booked yet???

Dave[/quote]

i will do the pay on the day as im still hunting down my miss-fire issue :roll: . trying a few more parts this w/end so i will soon know if its worth me doing 1/4 miles or not…

Who is going to this and is it too late to get tickets??

Might not run, but looks like a good day out anyhow?

well I will be there but not going to run the van…(might embarras too many GTO owners) so who else is in???

Dave

[quote]well I will be there but not going to run the van…(might embarras too many GTO owners) so who else is in???

Dave[/quote]

I’ll be there from 8.30am till about 1pm.

Definately running my GTO.

Hope some others make it also.

As far as I know, it’s no problem with spectators. Just make sure you bring id.

Marty

Okay so who is up for this then…I myself am no longer attending as I have got tickets to go to the Grand Prix.

So I recon so far its

1 Marty (running)
2 Elton (running)
3 Deano (???)

My GTO got through it’s MOT with no problems and is running well, so I’ll be there.

I will just pay on the day.

I aim to be there for about 8.30 for the ‘check over’ and run in the morning.

Watching the British GP in the afternoon.

Marty

yeah I will be there. I have been wanting to go for ages.

Thanks to EltonI now a fuel soleniod so I will be there. I may not run through as my propshaft is a bit delicate at the moment. :shock:

1 Marty (running)
2 Elton (running)
3 Deano (???)
4 Gon4a (running)

5 hukent (running)
(sorry mate, pressed the edit button by mistake :oops: )

Thats alright hukent, glad you can make it, see you there - Gon4a

Wow what a day. Many thanks to all who organised and to the RAF for the time on their airstrip.

■■■■■■ ace fun and really well organised. I can’t understand why hardly anyone went. I know the F1 GP was on so that didn’t help.

If you haven’t been to this you have got to go…puts santa pod and shakespear to shame…I could have had 20+ runs. Your even allowed passengers, which is fun. although doesn’t help getting your times down.
:shock:

Even got a new PB of 14.19 @102mph

and the high speed run is something else…two runs with Jen in the car too. 135 & 150mph…whilst raining… :shock: the car was solid but damn scary.

135mph run

150mph run

We were even treated to the red arrows taking off before we did our high speed run.

can’t wait until next year…more GTOs needed. No real draggers their, but a some quick bikes and even a crazy go kart.

Glad we had a turn out, As I said I went to the GP, the red arrows came from Brize and went back there after their show over Silverstone, good to see everyone had a good time.

Dave

[quote]Glad we had a turn out, As I said I went to the GP, the red arrows came from Brize and went back there after their show over Silverstone, good to see everyone had a good time.

Dave[/quote]

Yeah they lined up a took off right in front of us…

My two drag runs…

What time did you get there Deano?

I gave up at 12.30 thought I was the only one mad enough :lol:

Managed to beat the rs6 4.2 ltr and the BMW M5 5ltr before I left…NOT BAD FOR A 17 YEAR OLD GTO :twisted:

Raced the 911 turbo, he waved by by to me :oops:

The free red arrow show was awesome!

Didn’t get to take many pics but heres a few of the unusual sights that you don’t often see out of your GTO window.

This was the league table at the end of my day…

Couldn’t beat my old times but great fun all the same.

so who did turn up then??? I can’t recomend this enough, this year seemed low on entrants too looking at the time sheet, next year hopefully we can clear the top three (at least) with GTO/GT’s :wink: (you know who you are)

cheers

Dave

I couldn’t make this one. Something came up at the last minute.
I will be there next time though!
Glad to see some made it and enjoyed.
Marty

I heard he blew his car up later on…not sure what went pop though?

Wow you did some great times and I did see your name an wondered who it was? I did 14.19 @ 102MPH, but the car is pretty standard so still chuffed.

Love the photo of the run way that is brilliant. We have got to get more there next year. Cracking day. :wink:

Shame you couldn’t make it this year Marty but see you there next year :wink:

So sorry to hear that the Porker blew up, what ever let go it will be expensive :shock:

So let me get this right the new porker blew up and the 17 year old GTO didn’t, god these Japs build great cars!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: 8)

Deano is right we have to get more people there next year.

The commander of the airfield is a bike nut, I think he deliberately picks a day when there is a big car event on to keep the numbers down but this means loads of track time for those that do turn up……. 20+ runs easily achievable :twisted: