Brize Norton RWYB Day- Updated with application form

It back on again this year

Sunday 6th July

For once it doesn’t clash with another event!!!

RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire (5 minutes off the A40)

Timed 1/4 miles drag race on the nice new resurfaced taxiway, then on to the top of the runway for a top speed dash down the 2 miles of newly resurfaced runway.

No limited numbers this year so all are welcome to come along and prove who has the quickest car.

If anyone want to get many, many 1/4’s in, this is the venue to do it at!! Last year I think I did abot 16 runs!!!

Here is Millers complete run from last year 1/4 mile and V max…

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1263154067364579974

*******Update

RAF Brize Norton 1/4 Mile Speed Trial

The 2008 event will take place on Sunday 6th July and will consist of a timed 1/4 mile sprint (timing gear run by ‘straight liners.com’) on a taxi way followed by max speed runs on the runway (hopefully straight liners will be able to give us a top speed too ?)

Booking in and scrutineering will take place between 08:30 and 12:00 on the day. The event is due to run from aprox 08:30 to 17:00 depending on weather and flying.

Advance Prices
Bike/Car single run- £10
Bike/car Unlimited runs- £30*

On The Day Prices
Bike/Car single run- £10
Bike/Car Unlimited Runs- £40*

All money goes to charity :slight_smile:

*Unlimited runs will depend on aircraft movements and weather conditions.

Remember this is a real operational airfield so we may have to stop to allow aircraft to take off and land on the runway, to add to that, your car must be fit to go on the runway, any body work or loose fittings that look like they will come off and you will not be allowed to take part. We don’t want any car parts strewn down the runway that could damage an aircraft.

IMPORTANT
You must bring 2 forms of identity with you, at least one bearing a photograph e.g Passport, Photo Driving Licence. No ID, no entry I’m afraid, like I said above this is a real Air Base with real security so I.D is important.

If you want to save £10 then copy and paste the text below into word, print it out and send it to the address in the text.

RAF Brize Norton Motor Cycle Club
¼ Mile Sprint Event Advance Payment Form.

The 2008 event will take place on Sunday 6th July and will consist of timed ¼ mile sprint runs on a part of the Southern taxi way. Maximum speed runs along the runway will be arranged during the day. Booking in and scrutineering will take place between 0830 and 1200 on the day. The event is due to run from approx 0830 to 1700 depending on the weather conditions and aircraft movements.

I enclose Advance payment of £………………for 1 Run/Unlimited* ¼ mile runs,
on a Motor Cycle / in a Car*.
*Delete as required.

Name:………………………………………… Contact Number:…………………………………

Address:………………………………………………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

………………………… Post Code:………………………………………….

Vehicle Registration Number:…………………………………………

Make:……………………………………. Model:………………………………………………….

Please make all cheques payable to “Service Funds RAF Brize Norton”.
On the back of the cheque, please write “RAF Brize Norton Motorcycle Club SIF 201205”. Closing date for receipt of Advance Payment forms is the 30th June 2008.

Send the completed form and cheque to:
Sgt Russ Howarth, DMS, Course Design Cell, RAF Brize Norton, Carterton, OXON., OX18 3LX. Telephone: 01993-897967.

Advance Payment Prices: On the Day Prices:

Bike / Car single ¼ Mile Run - £10 Bike / Car single ¼ Mile Run - £10

Bike / Car Unlimited ¼ Mile Runs - £30 Bike / Car Unlimited ¼ Mile Runs - £ 40

** NOTE: Unlimited runs will depend on aircraft movements and weather conditions. **

IMPORTANT: If you are not associated with RAF Brize Norton but have possession of an RAF Form 1250, Dependants ID card Form 7400 or an MOD Civilian ID card Form 2185, you will be granted access. If you do not have one of the above forms of ID then you will need to bring two forms of identity with you, at least one bearing a photograph e.g. Passport, Photo Driving Licence.
*All vehicles taking part will be required to pass a safety inspection before being allowed on the airfield. Bike riders must have full safety clothing and helmet. Drivers of cars that are not road legal and have been race developed will need safety harnesses fitted. At the discretion of the Scrutineer, the driver may need to wear a helmet (if you would normally wear a helmet to drive a race developed car then bring it). Participants in the event take part at their own risk.

Cheers

Dave
GTOUK Regional Event Orgaiser

Im up for that, Specially as i have now learnt how to set my boost controller properly :wink: may run better than a 13.8 now.

Let me know when it happening,

Cheers

Brilliant day out, will be up for that again, maybe I will run a bit faster this time :twisted:

Julian.

Recon thats a given since you and Homer have squeeezed your motor. Give you more details when i get them.

Cheers

Dave

Yes it was a very good meet last year, I will be there again.

Bryan

I’m up for this again.

I’ve managed to make the last 2 and both were great days even when it rained 2 years back.

It was interesting to see how a GTO handles at 160mph in the rain… ABS worked well :twisted:

Anyone know if Marty is going? had some great runs with him 8)

Graham

Just seen apost from Marty on the forum, checked it some 10 mins later and its gone???

Hope he is comming though, be good to see him again.

Hows progect nemisis comming on? Havent seen you update on the link for a while.

Cheers
Dave

[quote]Graham

Just seen apost from Marty on the forum, checked it some 10 mins later and its gone???

Hows progect nemisis comming on? Havent seen you update on the link for a while.

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

I’ll be there.
Been really busy lately…had very little time for the GTO.
But it’s back on the road in a couple of weeks :wink:
Marty
Ps. I deleted the other post as the question had already been answered. :lol:

Marty

Congrats on the F1 job b the way, you seem to closing the gap to the Williams (who I used to work for). Can understand why you have no time for the gto, we used to be balls out on the 2 months running up to the start of the season.

Will see you there and chin wag no doubt.

Good to see your still around, oh and can I rip your event posting from last year if thats okay??!!

Dave

[quote]Marty

Congrats on the F1 job b the way, you seem to closing the gap to the Williams (who I used to work for). Can understand why you have no time for the gto, we used to be balls out on the 2 months running up to the start of the season.

Will see you there and chin wag no doubt.

Good to see your still around, oh and can I rip your event posting from last year if thats okay??!!

Dave[/quote]

Thanks 8)
Work has been a little busy of late :lol:

No problem on ripping the previous event details :wink:

Marty

[quote]Graham

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

Yep still working hard at work on the nemesis project, I’m sure Mark will do an update when he gets a spare hour or two :lol: :lol:

Look forward to seeing you there Marty and catching up on all your news.

Graham

PS any F1 bits that will fit my car going spare I’ve got first dibs :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted:

[size=18]UP DATED FIRST POST TO INCLUDE APPLICATION FORM AND MORE INFO…[/size]

Dave

sounds good …I take it will be ok to do one run and just be a spectator??

yep, I will be coming along as spectator only due to enging being out of car!!!

Dave

Just added Millers run from last year…

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1263154067364579974

cheers Mike

Dave

Will do me best to be there… Got a few trick’s up me sleve now ive done one RWYB and learn’t a few setup issues :wink:

Do they time/trap the top speed run so you know acurately what top end you reach ?

I’ll check for you on the v-max speed trap.

This coincides with Japs @ Thorseby :cry: that means I can`t be there :cry:

Julian.

[quote]

Do they time/trap the top speed run so you know acurately what top end you reach ?[/quote]

The top speed run is done down an active runway, in between aircraft take-off/landings.

This means they are unable to install any timing gear for the ‘blast’ down the runway.

However, the 1/4 mile run is done on a taxi-way and has both speed and timing gear(last year done by ‘Straightliners’)

Quite simply, if you want to get plenty of runs in, there is nowhere like it.

VERY easy to get 20+runs in!!

This will still go ahead if it rains, hailstones, snows etc :lol:

My fastest ever run was done at Brize starting in 1" of water with it raining so hard it was bouncing off the floor!!

Usually a few ‘specials’ turn up. Had some race cars there in the past, had a jet engined invalid carriage last year, and a ‘drag’ kart with a 1000cc bike engine in it and Nitrous. That was pretty quick!!

Lots of bikes there also, as the bike club organise it.

Usually a few Ferrari’s, Porsches etc, belonging to the Pilots

GTO’s have done pretty well there in the past. I think fastest road legal cars there for the past 3 years.

I’ll be there in the morning up to about 1pm

Marty
http://shutter13.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/21/006/77/FE/C6/01/Sxrl463x6STU59AKusdI5MAoAIPggf8a026D.jpg