BVAC Classic at Thirlestane June 19th 2022

Thirlestane Castle, 19th June 2022

Although this has proved so popular that entries have now been closed, I’ve been offered a club stand for this event again for GTOUK. I just wanted to gauge interest from anyone else though before I accept.

(I’ll be taking my car, regardless).

In 2018 we had 2 GTOUK cars. At the last event in 2019 we had 3 cars. Would be good to keep the numbers growing!

If anyone is interested in this please drop me an Email asap (I don’t check on here too often!) at: [email protected]

Thanks,

Tim.

https://bvac.org.uk/bvac-classic-2
(7) BVAC Classic at Thirlestane Castle - Festival of Motoring | Facebook

This invite is for the Sunday BVAC event (although certain cars may be offered a place on the Saturday too by the organisers of that event).

(More details from club invite below)

YOUR CLUB’S INVITATION to the 2022 BVAC CLASSIC

with the SIR JACKIE STEWART CLASSIC PRESENTED BY ROLEX

2022 marks the 50th Anniversary of Borders Vintage Automobile Club

THE 2022 TIMETABLE

SATURDAY 18th June: The Sir Jackie Stewart Classic presented by Rolex in aid of Race Against Dementia is the main feature. There will be timed speed runs and static displays by classic racing and rally cars, including historic Formula 1. Some of Sir Jackie’s most iconic cars and memorabilia will be on display.

SUNDAY 19th June:

THE 2022 BVAC CLASSIC is the main event, back after two lost years. As always, your entries will be the stars! Concours judging, ring events, attractions, club parades and prizegiving ceremony.

There will be an expanded retail village including the popular ‘Taste of the Borders’ pavilion. The Sir Jackie Stewart Classic presented by Rolex motorsport event continues on Sunday, with the final of the timed speed runs and static displays. Viewing of the motorsport event is included for all BVAC Classic Entrants.

ON BOTH PUBLIC DAYS, all display vehicles must remain in place for the whole period of public admission.

ENTRY FEES

While BVAC hoped to avoid fees, due to increased costs and the cancellations of 2020 and 2021 we find it necessary to introduce an entry fee of £5, admitting the vehicle, the driver and one passenger*. Admittance to the motorsport event is included. *Additional passengers will require general admission tickets. We recommend purchasing these at www.sirjackiestewartclassic.com.

We do hope you will take part in this special event, in BVAC’s special year. Your attendance will help

raise funds for Sir Jackie’s ‘Race against Dementia’ foundation, which BVAC is proud to support.

The overall event will be run by Thirlestane Castle, the live motorsport by the Scottish Motor Racing Club and the BVAC Classic by the Borders Vintage Automobile Club Ltd. and your club is cordially invited to a very special running of the great BVAC Classic at magnificent Thirlestane Castle near Lauder in the Scottish Borders. This year, the BVAC Classic will share Thirlestane with the new Sir Jackie Stewart Classic – presented by Rolex; a new Motorsport Festival raising funds for ‘Race Against Dementia’ - a global charity, founded by Sir Jackie Stewart OBE, raising funds for breakthrough and innovative research into the prevention of, and finding a treatment for, Dementia. There will be timed speed runs and static displays by classic racing and rally cars with displays of some of Sir Jackie Stewart’s most iconic cars and memorabilia, an expanded retail village and much more. Sir Jackie and other prominent figures from motorsport will attend the event over the weekend.

Thirlestane Castle, 18th and 19th June 2022

1 Like

Looks awesome! But a good 8 hour drive for me :(.

Looks like a lovely meet for the Northern members, we know you guys miss out on a lot due to distance, so it would be great if you could drum up some interest and make this your annual GTOUK meet.

Well done for posting it up, it’s great to see Members taking an active roll in organising events.

Hope you get some support from the Members near enough to make it.

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

This is a great event, unfortunately a bit far away for the southerners, and I’m going back to the sunshine in few days !

This would have been good to see a few other gto’s and not to far away but as always i miss out as i will be in fuerteventura for 2 weeks sunshine then .