Cam Belt service parts

I have compiled a list of items here that should be fitted when doing the cam-belt change.
This is based upon my knowledge of these motors and experience of working with them. Others may disagree and say that all these components are not necessary, it is with the longevity of your engine in mind and the future health of your bank account that i consider these parts to be important.
I have seen too many engines destroyed by having only half a job done at a previous service or where the attitude of, ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ has been applied.
If you take the time to read through these forums, there are far too many circumstances of cam-belt failure being caused by seized water pumps of leaking hydraulic tensioners or collapsed bearings in the tensioner or idler pulleys, for that reason, i can only advise that you do the job properly in the first place.

Cam-belt Gates 5353XS or Mitsu XD193874 [SAME BELT]
Water pump There are varying versions of this but i have never had a Blueprint one have early failure. ADC 49129 or Mitsu MD972005
Tensioning Pulley MD140071
Idler Pulley MD319022
Hydraulic Tensioner MD319040

It is advisable to change the thermostat at the same time as a precautionary measure.

The parts are correct, the part numbers may vary, if you are attempting this job yourself, my advice is to approach your Mitsu dealer with your chassis number to ensure that you get the correct part for your motor. The chances are that these numbers will be the correct ones but i’m just covering myself with this bit of added info.

Mark.