Can anyone advise on this GTO on gumtree?

Hi
Im looking to buy my first GTO and have seen this advert on gumtree http://www.gumtree.com/p/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-gto-3.0/1096057142

It doesnt state if its a turbo or not nor if its an import - can anyone advise anything at all on this ?

Its really appreciated!

Thanks

Lee

That is alot of money, that is a non turbo. I know of a clean mk1 twin turbo that is under 1500.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me - do you have any link to the GTO mk 1 for sale please I really would love to see it!
Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Lee

www.leereed.co.uk – this is me btw

Neil’s 100% first thing I thought was wow that’s expensive for a non turbo mk1.

She hasn’t advertised yet, ill get you her contact details for you.

Thats great - I really appreciate it - I hope its a black one automatic ??

Its black but manual, the twin turbos all come in manual.

This car is nothing to do with me, I just know its going to be a bargain for someone, ill pm you contact details.

It looks amazing! - Im totally new at this so im still getting to grips with the models - I think a TT would be the way to go - Do you know where its based ? Please send me the details :smile: THANKS!

Sent you two messages :slight_smile:

That grey GTO is a rare beastie though tbh it is one of the special editions , they don’t come up to often , especially in Auto guise and it does look in good nick

Craig :smile:

1 Like

i thought the specials were all tt’s ?

Paul

Those are the only ones I have seen too @Paulw thing is it looks genuine otherwise someone has gone to a lot of expense to colour match and find the interior . Its an intriguing car I must admit , stood out when I spotted it a while back

Craig :smile:

1 Like

Ive heard the Autos are a nightmare anyway? it doesnt have a turbo gauge on the dash so im assuming its non turbo - so might be not worth the bother… looks good tho! Im going to look at manual one soon

1 Like

FYI

They did make the MR version in the Non Turbo too

The MK1 MR’s are not modified like the MK2 were with mechanical differences

But were like cosmetically enhanced version

1 Like

Thanks for the info - so this is just a standard non turbo ?

The car that @NAS posted is one I considered. The only reason I didn’t go and see it was it was a fair way from me and while trying to find time to go I found one almost on my doorstep. And if Neil says its a clean car then it probably is. If you are based close to that one then go and have a look. If nothing else it will give you a benchmark for others you go and see. But I am pretty sure you will buy it :wink:

2 Likes

That’s up the road from me, he’s a dealer I know very little about other than its changed hands a million times.
It has been for sale for 18 mths or more says it all really,Buy a turbo I had back n/a auto same you won’t regret it😀

1 Like

Thanks for your help and support its all very daunting but i love these cars and im jumping a bit into the unknown but you only live once! Lol

@leereed60 are you local there are 2 of us with tt’s I know of in norwich you can come for s look and see the difference a turbo makes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi thanks for the invite im actually based in watford so probably bit too far? If you are ever in the area id love to see :slight_smile: i think i will go for the TT tho!