Cheap insurance quotes try here

Cheers, I will give them a whirl.

2 Likes

Do you have to be 25+ for a classic car policy?

My insurers have asked if we have a valuer in the club.

The question is how much would it cost to rebuild Tango from ground up including original car.

Theyre happy with a 12 grand valuation but wierdly they think it might be more.

Des.

Adrian Flux quoted £620

These guys quoted £310!

What happen to Adrian flux?

Dunno but doubt they will be quoting any of us happy anymore

2 Likes

I ditched Flux because the quotes weren’t competitive and went with Footman, which is a shame because they always did good deals. You’d think that with the nature of the GTO fraternity, i.e. a little bit older and look after the cars like loved ones, that Adrian Flux would be first in line for our custom, statistically the insurance risk must be low compared to other popular performance cars. It’s often the renewal process that goes a bit Pete Tong, you get a high quote then have to go through the embuggerance of ringing up to negotiate.

Footman James are no longer insuring our cars. No idea why. Shame because they were always the cheapest for me.

2 Likes

So, if Footman and Flux are being stupid with the Insurance for our cars, do we give time on them on the Forum. They are being unhelpful so and so’s so why should we help them?

The thoughts and ideas made here have no bearing on the running of the forum and I have no responsibility whatsoever :grin:

Terry :sunglasses:

4 Likes

True Terry, but these two insurance companies aren’t active traders on the forum now, they just have names that have been historic here and previously helpful with insurance, this clearly isn’t the case anymore, but people will still discuss and put forward their experience with a quote they’ve had with them to help guide others to the right place.

Tracie :tulip:

2 Likes

Phew Tracie! Thought you were going to agree with me about my responsibility :joy: :joy: :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:joy: Terry + Responsible = Oxymoron :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tracie :tulip:

2 Likes

Just throwing my 2p in here…
After trying several companies and being quoted silly money i just went on money supermarket and chose Hastings Direct. At £301 fully comp inc courtesy car for 99 GT with unlimited milage wasn’t bad. LV also quoted £346.

Stev3

1 Like

A bit late here. But do Hastings direct do no claims and imports too then?

Not sure, mine is a UK 3000GT.
Just typed details in moneysupermarket and they came up with a good price.
I have unlimited milage as its a daily use

Stev3