Climate control display

As above !

Not sure what you mean by game over Dave. I haven’t had one yet that I cant fix. Just as good really, seeing as I pay you £50 if I cant fix it. I had a number in this week and decided to look into this swapping displays without the control box. Two out of five went up in smoke when I mix and matched the 2 parts. Still don’t know why. I have just re-stocked on components as it seems that i’m going to be busy with these. I have set up a semi permanent test rig and work station for faster repairs and I will give a lifetime guarantee, should it ever fail again. Not sure what a lifetime is though. Mine, yours, the cars or the planet. Lets just say, which ever comes first.

5 Likes

That’s nice then, are you joining the traders program Instead of just being a member?

2 Likes

No mate. I didn’t realize that helping a few people out would get you thinking I wanted to be a trader. I have 3 jobs of my own but have trouble saying no when people need help.

4 Likes

I’m affraid there’s helping… as in a group buy, like @lukas and for instance @stevie and the strutt brace episode ( where he found himself out of pocket “yet again” )

And then there’s myself…:thinking:
Where I made palms/data logging and paid back into the club a donation from all club online sales, which were all disclosed on the forum ( enough to have given me a trader banner tbh, especially with the extra money I spent of this promoting the club in social media)

All for helping people :+1:
Just a normal member now so not my dept.

Cheers Dave

2 Likes

Hi Joe, as your new and for everyone as a reminder. The Club has two levels of membership Trader and Personal.

we all need help with the car and members can sometime help others, however when this looks or is a commercial venture we ask Trader to join.

We all understand yours is not going to give you a living and that it gives a great service to club members. so we ask for a donation toward the site, and club.

So add £5/£10 to the units and use that

everyone is a winner, you get some pocket money, members get items fixed and the club continues

Simon

5 Likes

Got it. :+1:

4 Likes

Not had time to poke around in Mitsubishi Japan and look at the dates of the part fitments and part numbers as its been mega busy here and still is
But i finally found 5 minutes and i thought i would try and help you all with the dates of the displays and the controllers used in the construction of the cars.
Don’t forget these dates are the date of manufacture not the date it was registered in the UK

Here are the part numbers for the Displays and their corresponding controllers so everyone can see what is what.

The first Display is MB609484 and has a controller MB609591 and was fitted to the cars made and sold to the public from 02/09/1990 to 02/10/1990 and are the very earliest cars out there

The next display is MB878527 and has a controller MB8782259 used from 03/10/1990 till 03/071997 but this controller was superseded by part number MB897173 in production so you could have either of these two part numbers in your car from that date

The last display used was part number MB898523 and had a controller MB897173 which is the same controller as the previous display used and should be 100% compatible and its pin outs should be the same to allow the compatibility to remain between the two displays

So the documented facts are that apart from the earliest cars that have a vin number of around Z16A-0000600 or earlier, all the displays can be swapped between each other as the controller was the same for all the cars from 03/10/1990 on wards until the swapped the display to the blue one with the rotary knob on it.

This post is not been made to start any arguments or make anyone look bad it is simply the facts from my access to the parts system in japan.

Cheers Rob

6 Likes

The one I took out of my car was a '527, looking at it here on the shelf, I put a '523 one in and it works ok. I keep a record of part numbers coz it might help someone someday, or even me :grin::grin:

I was a bit worried when reading the posts above if I had done the right thing or was it going to go up in smoke soon, I am now a lot less stressed out about it now, not really stressed out more like a nagging in the back of my mind as to it going duff.

Terry :sunglasses:

Thanks Rob
That information saves a lot of work and stress. It all makes sense as to why some go up in smoke while others don’t. Well done.

1 Like

Needs moving to private listing, non members shirking fees and again from UK repairing theses.