Custom vents

UPDATE 6 MAY 2010
THESE ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN UNDERCOAT ONLY OR MITSUBUSHI BLACK OR RED, OTHER COLOURS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AND READY TO INSTALL

UNDERCOAT �99 + p+p
BLACK OR RED �135 + p+p

Here’s some pics of the fibreglass vents that are now on my car these are the 1st out of the mold and are very light 450 grams about a 1lb, the design has been taken from the last series vents which have larger apertures, also the rubber gasket has been done away with (OPTIONAL)and they are direct fit into the formed recess area on the bonnet, the underside has been painted in semi matt black also you can see the fixing studs which are glassed into the vent underbody making them very easy to install, (my own car) on the n/s I have used some plastic from an oil container for a cover over the n/s ecs cap, this fits inbetween the bonnet skins and the vent keeps it in place.

all vents supplied with fixing nuts & washers in undercoat with fitting instructions.

pr-orders welcome subject to availability no charge until ready for shipping

Club members can purchase these for undercoat �95.00 and painted �130 + UK carriage!
ORDERS PM me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/parsonsnose/PICT0121.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/parsonsnose/PICT0122.jpg

here is the fitting guide for O/S vent cutting away the bonnet inner skin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/parsonsnose/GFVDOC1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/parsonsnose/GFVDOC2.jpg[size=18][/size]****

Very nice, but do you think that they work, or just slows the car speed

:wink:

does it matter if they work? they look awesome!

Yeah - they slow the car right down. You’ll be lucky to crack 60mph with those on - all the aerodynamics of a tudor castle. :roll:

top marks… if i could justify it (to the mrs) I’d have a set…

Found myself saying that a lot lately :frowning:

[quote]

Yeah - they slow the car right down. You’ll be lucky to crack 60mph with those on - all the aerodynamics of a tudor castle. :roll:[/quote]

:rofl: … which is why i dont get my ariel repaired… i couldnt handle all that drag … :wink:

[quote]

Yeah - they slow the car right down. You’ll be lucky to crack 60mph with those on - all the aerodynamics of a tudor castle. :roll:

:rofl: … which is why i dont get my ariel repaired… i couldnt handle all that drag … :wink: …[/quote]

I keep coating my aerial in WD40 to keep the cars speed up :wink:

:slight_smile: im interested can you do them in red? i also want sum clear indecater lenses, can you tell me where to get them from??

m1tch999 dont worry about justifying it to your misses do what i do just get it n tell her it was like that when you brought the car works for me. mind you dont think that,s going to work when i fit the lambo hinges

:rofl: don’t know if I’d get that one through mate. :rofl:

[quote]

:rofl: … which is why i dont get my ariel repaired… i couldnt handle all that drag … :wink:

I keep coating my aerial in WD40 to keep the cars speed up :wink:[/quote]

:rofl: I tend to use baby oil-it’s a bit slicker :skid:

These are still being made £95 + special delivey, pm for availability!!!

pm sent many thanks

As used on mine, very pleased with them :smiley:

The dump valve sound, really projects from the car now too :twisted:

UPDATED WITH PRICE CHANGES AND COLOURS RED AND BLACK NOW AVAILABLE FROM 6 MAY 2010 READ 1ST POST.

Tony

I had the first set of Tony’s vents, a few years ago now and have been really pleased with them. They allow a release of the hot under body temperatures to vent overboard and the off side vent also directs some outside air directly down towards the air intake filter. Tony spent a lot of time testing these vents and especially making sure that water ingress from motorway driving in torrential rain and behind lorries, did not cause miss fireing problems with water ingress on the filter element. My car is driven daily and they still look as good as the day they were fitted approx 40,000 miles ago. I am convienced they help in reducing under bonnet heat recirculating back into the intake. I have a blue LED built into the off side vent, which illuminates when my water/meth injection system senses the correct water flow to the jets, so gives me piece of mind that the system is working correctly (ie no blocked jets or pipe rupture) whilst looking straight ahead while driving. I was toying with the idea of fitting a gauge in the rear of the vent, possibly an air intake temp gauge, it would be readable from the drivers postion and save disturbing the interior of the car. I was looking at making similar vents for my car when i found Tony had just started to devise his. I could not make them as good as Tony and if you havnt seen a set fitted to a car, go to meet and check them out, they are brilliant and I dont know how he does it for the money. cheers Tim

Are you still making these; if so I would like a set in red, my GTO is a Mk 1 1990 which I think is the passion red.

Best regards

Bryan

[quote]As used on mine, very pleased with them :smiley:

The dump valve sound, really projects from the car now too :twisted:

[/quote]

Love the car and the petrol prices in the background :smiley: