Dashboard warning light bingo

Aero, ABS and 4WS oil. Almost a full house! :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

4WS looks like a leak at the rear based on the puddle of Dexron II on my drive. ABS is intermittent, so might not be much wrong with it, pending investigation. Aero is mangled, so a new one required I think, not sure about the state of the motor etc.

Anyone got more lights on than this?

My other car (Old seat ibiza) has the check engine warning light on, getting seen on Wednesday…

Happy New Year folks!!! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hi @Silverfox Dan looks like fun :grinning:

Regarding the ABS - check the sensors first - I did a post on how to do this with a multi- meter - you can clean the tips of the ABS sensors in-situ using a cotton bud with a bit of petrol or IPA. Don’t try and remove them from the hub as they will just crumble as the later mk2 ones are plastic.

If these are all ok - there are 2x relays on the pump behind the drivers side front wheel splash guard - these can fail and cause a loss of power to the pump - worth checking them - both relays are available from Mitsubishi or even Nissan as they used the same ABS pumps or you can try an auto electric place etc…

Good luck

James

6 Likes

Thanks James, I was getting the car serviced today, so I topped up the 4WS oil to get me there and that fixed the light, but I got the bonus low engine oil warning light instead. It sounds like one of the turbos might be leaking oil.

They checked the ABS sensor code: DTC DR SNSR OPEN

Sounds like a few bits will need replacing to get it through MOT, they’re going to let me know which ones…

But they are missing some parts that they recommend I replace:

Front Flexi Brake Hose Worn / Rusted - PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Rear Flexi Brake Hose Worn / Rusted - PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Shock Absorbers Front Rusted - PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Shock Absorbers Rear Rusted - PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Front under cover damaged (Front Aero tray) - PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I’ll see if they can give me part numbers and then I can begin my search!

Don’t Waste your time looking

I have the ABS sensors in stock as i had them made for me

Just buy some Tein Coil over Suspension as its cheaper than the Obsolete Mitsubishi Legs anyway which are now obsolete for a 3000GT it will make toy car go round corners so much better then the OEM ever will

Normal Hoses i can get for you if you want them, but i would recommend getting some braided Stainless hoses and have the braking improvement they offer fitting them

Front aero Trays will be available very soon with all the brackets and Doors as a complete Kit

Sounds like fun.

As Rob says get the stainless flex brake line kit and do all the wheel arch brake lines - then it’s done - the garage can make new hard lines etc…

Sensors are available. Suspension is a pain as even used ECS struts will be worn and old.
Interested to hear opinions on coil overs as cars in have been in the ride has been quite rough compared to stock suspension - could of been how they were set up though.

Good luck