EK2/Evil Empire Fuel Rail Adaptor Group Buy

UPDATE>>>>>

With the help of a top class engineer friend of mine, we tonight assembled 10 randomly selected Fuel rail adaptors and tested them to 90 PSI with hydraulic Fluid and had no leaks after making a test rig from a set of old fuel rails I had left over from tuning my car.

We would like to think that the problem Wayne is having is an isolated case.

However we would suggest that everybody firstly checks the ends of their fuel Rail Kit by eye for any damage and then assembles the kit and hand tighten the nuts as firmly as you can with your hands.
Then try and blow down one end whilst blocking the other with a finger.
If any leaks are found, return the kit to us, where we will replace it with one of the ones we have tested and found to be ok. (These have now been cleaned and re-bagged.

Should anybody have any questions about this please call me on 07891-606913 after 6pm and before 8pm tomorrow night.

We have every confidence in this being a high quality piece of kit, which is a cheap and beneficial mod for your cars. No one will have a kit that does not work at the end of this.

I started the Evil Empire because I was fed up with buying cheap and crappy shite that was more fit for the bin than my car, and I am not going to start compromising now. If we have a problem we will resolve it, even if it costs me money to do so.

I want The Evil Empire to be associated with very High Quality Tuning Products at an affordable price and nothing else, on that you can be assured

Cheers Rob

I fitted mine yesterday having first looked at it and thought what good quality it was.

I was a little apprehensive at first, knowing fuel would be passing through it at a high pressure, and there would be hot engine parts around it when running, but given the quality I put it on and tried it out.

It fitted very well, and went on in about 10 mins. I ran the engine and got no leaks so took it for a run down some country lanes. Still no problems.

Its a good piece of kit, that seems to fit well and do the job. As to whether it improves the fuel feed to the back cylinders, I will have to see if I notice anything on the logger later.

Daz

Hi Daz,

The Fuel rail Adaptor Mod will allow more fuel to the rear cylinders without any doubt and as is a must have purchase if you intend to fit a Boost Controller to your car as it will allow more fuel to be sent to the rear Fuel rail.

It is cylinder 6 that always goes pop when the fuel supply gets low to the rear bank of cylinders, when you start tuning the car and need more fuel to be delivered to the back bank of cylinders.

I doubt a pocket logger will show any effects of fitting the Fuel Rail Adaptor.

Cheers Rob

Gentlemen, let me send a little history to the UK for ya. I used to make then with red anodized line…that sucked…then steel line…that sucked…then stainless line…than really sucked! This aluminum “fuel line” is the best stuff. don’t be affraid to push and pull the U shape a tiny bit to get the flares to line up perfectly before you tighten them up. Remember this is only aluminum line…dont crank it till it breaks…you will feel it seal then go 1/8 turn more…www.stealth316.com has the instructions for installation and I must say with over 700 sets sold in total I have had about 6 returns total and people have bought those returned sets when inventory was low? go figure…NO unhappy customers…and feedback that makes me think these things are absolute jewels.

important issues to remember…lube the o-ring before you slide it in…get some wd40 or something similar.

tighten the allen bolts till the lock washer closes…no more than oem torque.

line up the loop to the flares and then “together” by hand tighten up…then use a wrench to complete the install.

I have replaced sets installed with vise grips, pliers, screw divers…you wouldn’t imagine what some tool boxes have out there to work on cars…I would even bet some of these kits were installed with a womans shoe and some chewing gum :slight_smile:

I stand by my products, EE is being sent replacement orings to add a few more to the kit…the cost of them is very very minimal.

I am making him another batch. He will have these on the shelf in about 2 weeks plus shipping time. With that he will also have some warranty pieces in the case of the one set that leaked.

hope this helps,

cheers

bobk.

[quote]Hi Daz,

The Fuel rail Adaptor Mod will allow more fuel to the rear cylinders without any doubt and as is a must have purchase if you intend to fit a Boost Controller to your car as it will allow more fuel to be sent to the rear Fuel rail.

It is cylinder 6 that always goes pop when the fuel supply gets low to the rear bank of cylinders, when you start tuning the car and need more fuel to be delivered to the back bank of cylinders.

I doubt a pocket logger will show any effects of fitting the Fuel Rail Adaptor.

Cheers Rob[/quote]

A wide band in the rear bank will show the change…the “nay sayers” in the US have already been proven wrong. A data logger wont show much of anything…but a wide band in the front and rear will show equal where they were unequal before…it resolves the rear bank lean issue…period :slight_smile:

OK …

Finally got chance to remove the rail and have a closer butchers at it …

Heres part of the culprit …

Bang on with your guess Rob !!! :wink:
Looks like it got chewed up when I inserted it into the fuel rail !!!

I have noticed a slight “varience” between the stock and this one … look at this pic …

The “o” ring has an actual larger diameter then the metal it surrounds … more then the stock “o” ring …

Hence the need to lube it first !!! :wink:

Also my hardpipe and oil pipe seem to press down on the upgraded pipe … probably due to it being larger then the stock one !!! … im going to shove a few washers on the bolt that holds it to the plenum … just to give a few extra mm’s “breathing” space …

Not sure the photo below will show it very well but the bar seems ever so slightly bent … Not sure if this is a problem or not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/minervaman/bendrail.jpg

However thanks for the help … I’ve put the stock one back on for the time being …

Wayne

Hi wayne

send it back to me and i will send you out a new one in the morning as i have your address…

Cheers Rob

[quote]

A data logger wont show much of anything…[/quote]

It will if you have a UK 3000gt my rear bank always shows about 0.02 volts less than the front bank indicating it runs slightly leaner

harry wrote:

where on a 3000gt are the 2 sensors harry - are they in the downpipe :roll:
cheers mike

No their in the wonderful Pre-cats us 3000gt owners have. Thanks you’ve just reminded me of my project into removing them :lol:

Ok, so I have fitted this kit now. The way to do it without any hassle:

1. Loosen the bolts holding the old adapter on. Be careful as the fuel is under pressure in the rails.
  2. Remove the old adapter. Remove the pipe from the two fittings on the new adapter
  3. Grease the o-rings on the new adapter. Use grease or WD-40 will do.
  4. Push the adapter fittings in slowly one by one. It will go in without too much fuss.
  5. Screw in the fittings to the fuel rails, but not too tight.
  6. Screw on the pipe to the two fittings.
  7. Test.

This mod is useful, and I noticed a slight hesitation that I had
under load has now gone. May be my imagination, but I am glad I installed this kit. So, this is not just useful for the TTs, but NAs should have this too, especially if the supercharger route is considered.

Marc

hi rob had a problem with mine,wasnt a fuel leak though the part that you screw to the front fuel rail is the wrong shape and the screw holes wont line up.
regards
tony

Check this page:

http://www.3sxperformance.com/fuel.asp

See the different types of adapter near the bottom. Do you have two that are the same Tony?

[quote]Check this page:

http://www.3sxperformance.com/fuel.asp

See the different types of adapter near the bottom. Do you have two that are the same Tony?[/quote]

yes mate the two ends are the same on the adaptor,but on the car the 1st bank fuel rail is differn’t only by a tad though.
regards
tony

Oh…God…the world is falling apart,
I go to Ireland for a Weekends Rallying, and the Evil Empire are selling shoddy goods :shock: !!!
MINE fitted perfectly, easy fit, NO leeks(WELSH spelling :twisted: )
looks the business. :wink:

It now seams that the Massive leak problem was just an O Ring that was damaged.

Tony got 2 of the same fittings in his shippment, so i swopped them over

All sorted now.

No one else has had any problems it seams, so panic over.

Cheers Rob

[quote]It now seams that the Massive leak problem was just an O Ring that was damaged.

Tony got 2 of the same fittings in his shippment, so i swopped them over

All sorted now.

No one else has had any problems it seams, so panic over.

Cheers Rob[/quote]

easy simple answers and robs the man to sort them out
cheers rob
regards
tony

Are there any left?

Yes i sti;ll have some left and at the same price

Pm me for payment details

Cheers Rob

Any left, if so I want one too… Send me address & payment details

Thanks,